Fan Nut?????

IIRC it's right so it will be self tightening, but I could be wrong, last had mine off 3 years ago.

man i tell you,... it's on there tight ....18" wrench with a good hammer and i can get it to move :bang

I had it wedged in place and was swinging a 2x4 and hitting the wrench. It finally broke free. Sadly I had had it off about a year ago and don't remember that problem.

it was left handed threads......i got it off and the electric fans are in....now i need to wire them up and were finished

Thanks
Scott

Where are you putting the thermostat hook up on it? I never read the instructions that closely to figure out where to put the tempature probe.

Temperature probe slips in the radiator fins right below the upper radiator hose connection.Slide it in from the rear and it will barely be visible from the front.

Graphic Man..
When Scot and I did mine we used a BIG pair of channel locks and alot of loud words to remove the fan,LOL.It seemed neither of us had the proper wrench to get the darn thing off.Keep in mind also your alternator because if you have issues with it and need to change it its a PIA to do and the fans have to be removed to make the needed change.The long bolt on the bottom of the alternator hits dead center of the fan motor and there is nothing that can be done except take the fans out to fix that little issue.I had a upgraded alternator at home when we did mine and later when I decided to do it I wished we did it when we did the fan install...Dooohhhh!!!.....Andy

i used a big wrench and a big hammer and it came off with a few choice words LOL

i did a new alt. last fall so i am ok for another years or so

i can see the belt adj. (to remove the belt) is going to be a PIA when the time comes

I have not got to the wiring issue yet (still cold here so i won't need them for a month or so) but like Hammer said the probe slides into the rad

i used a big wrench and a big hammer and it came off with a few choice words LOL

i did a new alt. last fall so i am ok for another years or so

i can see the belt adj. (to remove the belt) is going to be a PIA when the time comes

I have not got to the wiring issue yet (still cold here so i won't need them for a month or so) but like Hammer said the probe slides into the rad

Oh yeah it's fun snaking the belt between the pulling and the cover...and trying to get it right....you'll get it Scott

Oh yeah it's fun snaking the belt between the pulling and the cover...and trying to get it right....you'll get it Scott

i meant if the belt ever need to be changed with the electric fans in place....there is no room to get at the tensioner :bang

the fans would have to come out to get at it

When it comes to taking the fan off, take the bolts out that hold the pulley to the hub, then remove the bracket from the block. Then you can see the bolt head on the back side of the pulley to twist against. A big crescent wrench comes in handy.