FASS DDRP good choice for a mildly modified 24v?

LKuilder

Been watching my fuel pressure and every now and then it has been dropping a bit. Hasn't really gotten below 9 psi but when I have the Juice on level 3x5 and wide open it does pull it down. Think it might be time to replace the ol' stocker now that the truck turned 180,000 today. The mods I have done to my truck are in my signature and I'm wondering if the DDRP from FASS would be a good replacement for my truck. I really have no plans to do much more to the truck as its mainly a daily driver / towing the other stuff truck. (and I have plenty of other high HP "toys" that tear up enough stuff so I'm wanting to keep this one reliable) The only other things performance or engine wise I plan on doing are an AFE stage 2 intake and some tranny and converter upgrades. I'm looking for the best value for what I need. Wondering what everyone else's thoughts are on using the DDRP on my truck or should I spend the extra couple hundred dollars and go with one of their larger systems?

Thanks for the reply. I've now heard from several people that the DDRP is probably not enough for what I have done to my truck. Would anyone reccomend the HPFP from FASS? Or should I spend the extra money and go with the pump with the filtration system as well? And from what I've gathered so far it seems that I would be fine going with the 95gph model instead of the 150gph system? Just looking for a few tips. Thanks in advance!

You are absolutely correct....the DDRP is not designed for anything but stock applications. Whether to go with the pump alone (HPFP Series) or the filtration system (FASS Series) is entirely up to you. Here are some of the benifits of each

FASS

1. Removes entrained air and vapor from diesel fuel. This allows the fuel to be burned more efficiently inside of your engine.

2. It provides better filtration than the stock setup.

3. Comes with a lifetime warranty sheet for you to fill out.

HPFP

1. Moves at least 20% more fuel than a stock pump.

2. It is more reliable than a stock pump.

3. Comes with a lifetime warranty sheet for you to fill out.

Both systems come in 95 GPH & 150 GPH.

The 95 GPH pumps are good for engines making up to 400 HP

The 150 GPH pumps are good for engines making from 450 HP - 600 HP

I hope that this helps you make an informed decision. If you have any further questions please feel free to drop me a line here.

Thanks for the reply. I actually talked to Dan and a few others back at the TS event in Bowling Green and ordered a 95 GPH FASS system that day. The only problem is that I have been so busy this summer racing that I haven't had a chance to get the pump on yet. One of these days the pump will come off of the shelf in the shop and go onto the truck.

Off topic since you got an answer to your original Q. How do you like that Tru Speed from Superlift? Worth the $?

Off topic since you got an answer to your original Q. How do you like that Tru Speed from Superlift? Worth the $?

It has done exactly what I wanted it to do; correct the speedometer and odometer. This was the first thing I put on after I bought my truck and had the bigger tires on it. There are programmers out there that can do the same thing but in the computer. Its pretty straight forward to install in these trucks though. The speed sensor on these trucks goes in on the ABS systems under the hood on the drivers side. The instructions tell you what color wires and all to splice into. It has 2 settings on it that you can get set to easily change if you run two different size tires. Its pretty simple to set up. If you have a GPS it would be just a matter of turning the screw until the speedometer matches the speed on the GPS. I didn't have a GPS at the time I put mine in so I got it set with the trip meter and mile markers on the highway.
Hope that helps.

Back