Fass install

wwm

TO MANY TRUCKS
I am fixing to install a Fass 150 on my truck 2006 dodge.

The kit came with the bulkhead and draw straw. Should I just use that or buy a sump. I understand that the sump you don't have to drop the tank, but I need to drop the tank because the shield is falling Down.

Are there any problems with using the draw straw?

Let me know what y'all think.

If you are dropping the tank anyway I would install it. I wont install them unless the person I'm installing it for is looking to make power down the road. The bulkheads use to be a little unfriendly on the street with low fuel in the tank. They would loose prime if they sat. I don't know about the newer ones if the design has changed at all.

IMO usually the factory pickup will supply enough fuel for well over 500hp.

All a matter of preference and what you want to do down the road.

If you got a little extra cash just run a sump. Once you spend hours and hours checking fuel lines and **** only to find that the draw straw has a tiny crack in it sucking air, you'll wish you had a sump lol

Anybody ever had problems with a sump.

Sump leaking?
Hose popped off ( got caught on something)
Someone cutting your hose a taking your fuel? (Never know with people these days)
Or anything else?

Might talk to Eric at Vulcan. He has a setup that seems to work with the stock sending unit that kills all the low tank issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta make sure you cut the straw the right length too. On my old truck I it would run out of fuel at a quarter tank lol..

I've never had an issue with the sumps I've personally had. If youre shooting for 800hp in the near future, Id just go with a sump, last couple ive used were beans and seem to work great. I'd gotten to the point that I swore off the pos draw straws for good.lol

I run a vulcan draw straw on my 06 cut to the right length,no issues with 1/4 tank.If I had to do it again I would go with the sump.I plan on doing a sump on my 96 just trying to see whats the best sump out there.

I've never had a problem with the Airdog draw straw either. I recommend pulling the box instead of dropping the tank though. Easier to get the exact length on the tube in case the tank has a little sag to it.

As long as u open up the sending unit correctly and have enough fuel in the canister you'll be fine, I'm running a Vulcan 4 drawl straw with a ad 1 150 and have never had any sort of 1/4 tank issue.

Whev i first installed my fass i used the draw straw. Only hold back i had was parked on a hill or say for a while under 1/8th tank it woukd suck air. I installed a sump last summer amd use the draw straw as a return now.

I agree if you have plans to chase power id get a sump. Beans sump seams to be a nice product for reasonable price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I installed a belt driven fuel boss mechanical pump on my 02 3500. Very simple install and one great thing is you don't need to mess with the draw straw if the stock electric lift pump is not in-tank.

Lot's of fuel volume and excellent pressure. Highly recommended. it's about as reliable as you can get like the old school 1st gens that had mechanical lifp pumps driven off a cam lobe. no electrical failures to worry about. Fuel boss also makes a high volume pump if you are serious about mad horspower mods.