FASS stops running

haz-mat19

Had new injection pump put in, the stock fuel pump relay was damaged. I have replaced it and the pump will run, then it stops running and there is no fp. I am going crazy and I am at a lose. Fuses are good, new filters and the separator was just cleaned out. Please any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance

Check your batteries. I had a similar issue with my air dog and the battery core was shorting out

What they said, plus check the connector at the FASS pump. They seem to be problematic. Heck, just taking it apart and putting it back together will often work. If it does work, give up on the connector. Solder, heat shrink, and use electrical tape to permanently connect the harness to the pump.

Last edited:
Thank you, the batteries are only a few months old. The relay is brand new. I will check the connections to see if any are loose

The batteries I had we're maybe a year old and the truck started fine but the one I had the pump hooked too was starting to short out internally.

Another thing to check is that the signal from the ECM is there to turn the relay on/off. The drivers on the ECM board have been known to burn out. What you describe is what happened to me and my truck, turned out to be no signal from the ECM so I just tied into another keyed hot that was already tapped for another reason.

So it wasn't a bad relay, just the wrong one, amazing how they can look right and then not be. Back up and running, thanks for all the input

Another thing to check is that the signal from the ECM is there to turn the relay on/off. The drivers on the ECM board have been known to burn out. What you describe is what happened to me and my truck, turned out to be no signal from the ECM so I just tied into another keyed hot that was already tapped for another reason.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but what your describing may be the same issue I'm having with my FASS.

Here's a link to the thread I started. Is it common for the trigger to fail on the ECM?

Need help with FASS not triggering - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

I'll add to my answer in your thread since Chris is back up and going.