Fastest MANUAL TRANS 1/4 mile times

What are the specs on the new setup?

E.D. billet s472/83/.90, 120% over exergy's, steed speed straight t4, 188/220, airdog 165, sump, custom fuel block, dual fuelers, arp625s, 3.5'' intercooler and piping, bov, valair street triple, smarty udc by gordon ect...

I saw something kind of interesting at Rudy's race in NC this last weekend. The first qualifying pass, Seth Sullivan left kind of soft, then lifted and ran a 6.47 at 98mph. Turns out he was only in one gear!! His truck has a big clutch hooked up to a Dodge trans, but accidently put the selector in "2nd" instead of "D," so the whole run was just in Second Gear. About 400 feet out when he was spinning 5,500rpm, he knew something was up, and then lifted.

Still, it makes me wonder about the feasibility of building a drag truck with just a reverser, at least for the 1/8th mile! I don't think it would be optimal, but Seth just proved it would be possible to at least run a 6.47! :Cheer:

Last edited:
dan Johnson with his 01 dodge went 12.68 at 117 mph on a vp and nv4500 last October at great lakes dragway in union grove wi...

I heard about that but when I asked, no one knew who it was. Thanks! :Cheer:

I posted about it last year right after it happened. noticed it was not on recent top 10 list. over the winter he traded in his old 7 hole vco's for some 6 hole sacs and had a solid 13mm built. struggled with it early this summer. had some issues. got it running a few weeks ago and something let loose. he was hoping for 11's now. but hasn't been to lucky. he's got a triple disk headed his way now and maybe he will beable to afford to have better people helping him this winter then last. super nice guy, true individual of what this sport was originally about and what it stood for.

I posted about it last year right after it happened. noticed it was not on recent top 10 list. over the winter he traded in his old 7 hole vco's for some 6 hole sacs and had a solid 13mm built. struggled with it early this summer. had some issues. got it running a few weeks ago and something let loose. he was hoping for 11's now. but hasn't been to lucky. he's got a triple disk headed his way now and maybe he will beable to afford to have better people helping him this winter then last. super nice guy, true individual of what this sport was originally about and what it stood for.

He has been to Byron correct? I seem to remember a 2nd Gen running mid 12s shifting.

He has been to Byron correct? I seem to remember a 2nd Gen running mid 12s shifting.

yeah before he learned he can leave in 3rd and hammer into 4th to achieve 115mph.. now he spins more then 4k.. so 4th gear at 5500rpm will be interesting.. might not have to grab 5th..

Many manual trans trucks were surprised by the "grampa" truck that ran a 15.5 with a manual trans. I got question like if I used 2wd or 4wd, what gear, what rpm, etc.

I hope he will be there next weekend for the fall diesel race.

Back from 2011

94 golf 1.9L TDI 11.47@122.79 mph,4 spd manual,2580lbs (car+driver) #2 0nly

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eet8Q-Y5NVw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eet8Q-Y5NVw[/ame]

Last edited:
Wow. Loved watching that yellow car get reeled in. Time to update the list. Is the car still around? Got a build thread somewhere?

Last edited:
Wow. Loved watching that yellow car get reeled in. Time to update the list. Is the car still around? Got a build thread somewhere?

Thanks,Yep still working on the car.The build thread is below.

https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=315943

Also If anyone has a used set of BD super B twin turbo's I'm looking for them to run on the engine.I was spooling turbo's very close to the super b twins at 90 psi and 9500 rpm during burnout.