fastest stock suspension 2wd cummins

cummins1500

10's or go home
just wondering im building a 1500 single cab 2wd cummins and i dont know which way to go on suspension ?

You need to elaborate a bit more on the uses of the rig to get the correct answer....

Street driven? Stick with leaf springs- remove some of the smaller springs and get some caltracts.

Track only start thinking 4 link

i still have a 3/4 ton suspension, SCSB, just removed all but the two longest leafs and the overload, and then built my own caltracs, i can 1.9 60ft on cheap 295/50 16 Street radials (not a drag radial) on a 8psi launch, i have yet to bolt up slicks, and really launch it.

1236809715.jpg

fastest 2wd street/strip automatic with leafsprings and caltracs ? which leafs do i need to remove

Completely stock suspension 94 Ram 2500 RC long bed 2x4... 11.40 @116 on a 1.59 60' useing only M&H slicks & a pair of custom "pin in" traction bars.

11.23@124,, long bed with Cal tracs with only 2 leafs removed, and M&H DOT slicks. 1.78 60ft but shakes the tires 100ft out. Never had time to tune the suspention at all.

VooDoo Trucker who posts on here (rarely) has run a few 11.0s with caltracs. I'd leave the suspension simple and stick your money into the engine or trans for now.

trans is built by darren morrison motor has 370's full cuts,64-14,20*timing, 5kgsk,no plate or afc, 175shot , truck weighs around 4700 (2wd short bed) just need some tips and tricks to get it to hook up springs ,shocks ,tires

mine hooks with stock tires with overload springs pulled out with tires at 30psi with around 470 horsepower and cuts 2.1 60fts, which isn't the greatest but is decent for my times... 13.85...

pulled a 1.9 60ft with stock suspension with overloads and some crappy tires @ 25psi. Launched around 8psi. with just a drag comp, intake, exhaust, and t/c switch I pulled a 14.4

You need to elaborate a bit more on the uses of the rig to get the correct answer....

Street driven? Stick with leaf springs- remove some of the smaller springs and get some caltracts.

Track only start thinking 4 link

I'm pretty sure a 4 link isn't stock suspension :confused:

I've been wanting caltracs, but keep forgetting to call and order them. I removed all but 2 longest leafs which leveled my truck. I went ahead and got rancho 9000's. I guess i'm gonna have to get custom shocks or just move the shock mounts, cuz these 9000's are almost bottomed out. 2 months and they're already totally shot.

I've been wanting caltracs, but keep forgetting to call and order them. I removed all but 2 longest leafs which leveled my truck. I went ahead and got rancho 9000's. I guess i'm gonna have to get custom shocks or just move the shock mounts, cuz these 9000's are almost bottomed out. 2 months and they're already totally shot.

do you happen to know the part number on the shocks you got?