Few questions about 96 12v from a Med duty

Cat_Rebel

TPB Mechanic
Okay few questions here, what all is needed to get one ready to mount into a truck? Motor is a 96 from a med duty Ford rated for 190hp. I know that the PS pump needs to either be swapped out for one from a dodge or you have to make your own reservoir for the fluid like the big trucks have. AC isn't an issue since won't be running that. Can the oil pan be flipped so the sump is in the rear or do I need to get a pan for a Dodge? The motor will be going into a 93 F350 4x4. Also heard that the pumps are alittle diffrent on the med duty trucks & they have a diffrent gov setup on them. Something like a 4k GSK will get you 3k or a 5k will get you 4k or something like that. The pump is marked 908 I'm not up on my P pump #s but thought I would throw that out there.

The oil pan can be turned around ,the sump is bigger .The oil pick up will need to be for a rear sump.The Power steering pump is a gear pump and they used hyd assist and flows a great for off road. On the street in a light truck the steering will be quicker than norm. The pump linkage isn't like the pump for the dodge engine,they are reverse mounted . The pump may be drilled and thread ,the last pump I sold we talked about this and didn't here back what he was going to do.

How much work is involved & what parts do I need to do it?

The pick up just unbolt the old one ,clean the block surface and install the new one. If you were going to try to cut the and weld it ,it wouldn't be worth it after time and to make sure there was no pin holes to suck air.The dip stick tube will need to be moved to the rear hole.The new plug gets installed in the front.

You'll need

Rear sump pick up
pan gasket
pick up gasket
expansion plug.

Alright thanks for the info, doesn't sound like too bad of a job compaired to some things. Do you happen to know anything about a 190hp med duty "908" p pump?