few questions for conversion

cumminspwr11

so my quest to fix the steering issues on my 95 have led me to this, i have a bad steering column that needs to be replaced, i have access to whatever i want out of a local wrecking yard-option 1 replace the column with a good used one-option 2 find a complete cab off a 98-02 ram and swap the whole cab, i know its going to be a ton of work and that doesnt bother me, i like those cabs better plus mine is extended cab so i would get back doors out the deal

any ideas or comments on this, the only thing that kind worries my is the gauge cluster, can i reprogram the new electronic one with the right miles for my truck and also making two wire harness work together, newer cab harness to my older engine wire harness, i figure that if worse comes to worse i could change the engine harness to a 24valve harness and just use the sensors and plugs the old 12v needs

i may just do that, i have been without my truck for almost year between building the new front axle and messing with this steering column, hopefully i will get out to the yard tommrow and find a decent column, i figured out that the universal in the tilt part of the steering wheel is bad and letting in the play also the steering shaft between the fire wall and steering box as a bit of play at the slip joint

column was definitely trashed, i got a new-to-me one in today and it help out alot, i think there is still a bit of play coming from the shaft that connects the column to the box