FICM No Sync!!!! HELP!!!

CumminNotRunnin

Internet Mechanic
I have a 04 F550 and it will crank but no start. I had the scanner on it and it says that the FICMSYNC: No and it will not sync at any point of cranking. I use to be able to feed it a little either to it and it fire and start running then the FICMSYNC : Yes. Now i can not get it to start at all and it will not even start on starting fluid. Anyway does this mean the FICM is bad or it is not calibrated to the other controllers properly. The gentlemen had it replaced about 1000 miles ago and said it worked fine then started doing this. I dont have CMP or CKP codes. I did replace the crankshaft position sensor just to try it and it didnt help. Im at a lose. I dont know where to go from here. I have 1600 oil psi cranking and it is pumping plenty of fuel with filter housing cap off. So i believe it is electrical.
Im lost and its eating all my time. Any help please and Thank you previous to any responses.

When you turn the key, before it cranks, can you hear it clicking/ cycling the injectors?

yes, they cycle. also did injecto buzz test and they all check out with out faults and i can here all 8 click during test.

FICM will not sync until running. so that is normal. IF its a 550 with a steel tank in the rear, check the filter at the pump on the rail. if it is full of silver flakes, the tank has delaminated.
Next stop is to unplug the ICP sensor and see if it runs. If the plug is wet with oil, replace the icp.
Next see what the IPR command is. IF its going wide open and its not starting there is a possible problem.
Remove the oil filter cap. Press the plunger down with a screwdriver and have someone crank the engine for a few seconds. the canister should fill pretty quickly. if it does not, your low side oil pump is hosed.
Check that stuff out and post up, I will help if I can. We do a lot of 6.slows here.

FICM will not sync until running. so that is normal. IF its a 550 with a steel tank in the rear, check the filter at the pump on the rail. if it is full of silver flakes, the tank has delaminated.
Next stop is to unplug the ICP sensor and see if it runs. If the plug is wet with oil, replace the icp.
Next see what the IPR command is. IF its going wide open and its not starting there is a possible problem.
Remove the oil filter cap. Press the plunger down with a screwdriver and have someone crank the engine for a few seconds. the canister should fill pretty quickly. if it does not, your low side oil pump is hosed.
Check that stuff out and post up, I will help if I can. We do a lot of 6.slows here.

??????? the FICM should be insync before it is running

I have a 04 F550 and it will crank but no start. I had the scanner on it and it says that the FICMSYNC: No and it will not sync at any point of cranking. I use to be able to feed it a little either to it and it fire and start running then the FICMSYNC : Yes. Now i can not get it to start at all and it will not even start on starting fluid. Anyway does this mean the FICM is bad or it is not calibrated to the other controllers properly. The gentlemen had it replaced about 1000 miles ago and said it worked fine then started doing this. I dont have CMP or CKP codes. I did replace the crankshaft position sensor just to try it and it didnt help. Im at a lose. I dont know where to go from here. I have 1600 oil psi cranking and it is pumping plenty of fuel with filter housing cap off. So i believe it is electrical.
Im lost and its eating all my time. Any help please and Thank you previous to any responses.

check the voltage at your FICM it should never drop below 48v at any time during cranking.

and it does not it holds 48.5 all the time at cranking
and it has 12 volts to it from main power and ket signal.

should the FICM be in sync before cranking or not im confused now. it is not insync on this truck.

it should be insync during cranking, not sure at before. it's been a year since we trouble shot my friends 04 and the FICM was insync during cranking his was a bad cmp. It sounds like a bad FICM you guys are dealing with just make sure all your connections are tight on the FICM. That code means the FICM is not insync with the ECU, both these modules communicate to fire the injectors

OK, well, depending on the refresh rate of your scanner and how fast it is trying to turn, its unlikely to see sync until it runs.

Did you try to verify low side oil pressure yet?

OK, well, depending on the refresh rate of your scanner and how fast it is trying to turn, its unlikely to see sync until it runs.

Did you try to verify low side oil pressure yet?

we were using autoenginuity on my friends truck maybe it has a faster scan rate

update: still not syncing, unplugged icp and still did not run, check fuel filter canister. It does have a steel rear tank and there are some small flake but it is from full or alot of flakes. saw only a few ontop of filter and a few in bottom of canister but not alot. Continues with checking low side oil pump and will check IPR. Thanks guys

low oil pressure pump is fine. filled canister in 3-5 seconds of cranking. I assume thats quickly. now im really lost.

try finding a good ficm and stick it in there and see if it starts. Is there any smoke out the exhaust and double check and make sure the cam and crank sensors are in sync and when you do get it running for gods sake throw that ether can away

Lmao i plan on it. this how the customer came to me the only way he could get it to run. There is no smoke at all coming out the exhaust and how to check to see if they are in sync????

it actually pretty common on the 04's but you need a scan tool or autoenginuity to check it, they both have to read the crank and cam at the same time or it won't start usually the cam position sensor is bad

you should see sync during cranking
ficm sync means that the cam and crank signals are in sync with each other. if the ficm doesnt see them in sync it wont allow it to run.