FICM No Sync!!!! HELP!!!

you should see sync during cranking
ficm sync means that the cam and crank signals are in sync with each other. if the ficm doesnt see them in sync it wont allow it to run.

there are two different syncs the CPU-FICM and CAM-CRANK both need to be insync

Lmao i plan on it. this how the customer came to me the only way he could get it to run. There is no smoke at all coming out the exhaust and how to check to see if they are in sync????

If you are gonna work on these trucks for people get a scan tool you can pick up auto enginuity for $350 and it will do every ford vehichle or for $1200 you can get all domestic vehichles

Im using a snap lotus updated through 2006 and there is the "FICM Sync" which says no and there is another one that says "SYNC" and thats a No too. So maybe the cam sensor is bad as well. I just noticed DSD RPM is 4080 with no cranking. Then when its cranking it goes to 638 on the DSD RPM. That would indicate a bad reading somewhere. Like i said changed the crankshaft sensor and did help one bit. but actual rpms where cranking is like 150 or 160 so it is picking up that it is turning over.

it gets the rpm's from the cam and crank sensors, if you remember the huge recall they did on the 7.3 for the cam sensor because the trucks would die right on the highway when they went bad, so on the 6.0 they use 2 sensors so if the cam sesor goes out it will run off the crank sensor. it just wont start with out both sensors insync and working