ficm question

FORDPWR

I just put in new head gaskets and arp studs, weren't leaking just had time to get them done, the truck has always ran great. got it back together started and ran great. the next 2 mornings it was hard to start like there was a bad injector for about 10 sec then it ran nice and smooth, lots of power. yesterday by banks programmer kept saying tuner fault with a low circuit exhaust back pressure. today I got home from work, around 35 degrees, truck spins over like a mother but will not fire. checked the ficm and the gauge reads O.L. as in overload im assuming.
? iv read so many forums and no one has had this particular problem so that's why im asking for some help. is the ficm shot???????:nail:

You need to find actual ficm voltage. I dont know what banks is telling you, but that "o.l." thing doesnt exist on the Ford IDS.
Where in Mich. are you? Upper or lower?

My banks programer just tells me about the sensor, i checked the ficm with a volt meter and thats what i got. Very confusing, upper michigan

O.L means that the meter is "out of limit". Sounds to me like your ficm is dead.

I hope hope thats the case, this has been the only serious problem iv really had, im just trying to get it fixed asap, do i get it rebuilt or buy new?

Shes gone, but if you want to be 100% sure check the FICM with a meter.

Look at Bullet Proof Diesel's FICM. Very nice piece.

I did with the volt meter, that's where I got the o L reading, I just wanna be 100% sure that's what it is befor I get a new one, and would I be ok with the swamps 48v, with maybe a tune

I had the decimal in the wrong spot, but its still not right, when the injectors are buzzing it goes down to 27 26v, then to 48v when its done buzzing, when I turn it over it drops right to 28 and keeps droping while cranking

just over night it will do that? I wanna be 100% sure its that befor I order it and it still doesn't start

just over night it will do that? I wanna be 100% sure its that befor I order it and it still doesn't start

Your FICM is gone. No if ands or buts. Replace it now before it gets colder. FICM is one of the only major problems I have had with my truck. Fix it right and be done.

How are your batteries and how old?

batterys are good, when I first bought the truck I have bat, alternator problems, im sure that didn't help, now im thinking about just buying the swamps 48v and getting either the 40, or 80 hp tune, good idea or ????

FICM Repair.com - Your Source for FICM Repair

batterys are good, when I first bought the truck I have bat, alternator problems, im sure that didn't help, now im thinking about just buying the swamps 48v and getting either the 40, or 80 hp tune, good idea or ????

I hated the way my truck started with a FICM tune. Missed terribly, had no power till warm and no noticeable power difference. Now I didn't have the heat inductive strategy, but still. Best thing I ever did was replace it with a stock voltage BPD unit.

Back