Ficm will be here from Innovative today

evan..i would say that was a funny post..if you actually thought it up yourself..sounds alot like a line told to you by doug.. and with him posting within mins of you..id say i was right..

try harder next time. .

sure thing...:rolleyes:

what is my mod list then GUY?

and why does it not 'work well' ?:what:

LOL..

its not a race truck..but its got plenty of tow power and its good on the street.

I did not have my hand up Evan's ass to pupet that. I did post after him since he texted me this morning to tell me to check out his PWNAGE of you.

Is it true that FICM can add 70HP to a tuned truck? That is, a 6.0 with a pipe and SCT hitting 420RWHP can be bumped to 490RWHP with no other mods than this FICM tuning?

Is it true that FICM can add 70HP to a tuned truck? That is, a 6.0 with a pipe and SCT hitting 420RWHP can be bumped to 490RWHP with no other mods than this FICM tuning?

I will put 1000 dollars in the pocket of a person that can show me the 420 to 490hp improvement. Put it on a dyno. I'll fly out there and check it out.

That's a stretch......
It looks like Eric has different versions on the tuning for different levels of mods. That ~70 hp gain was a very heavily modded truck.

It is true that ficm tuning can give you 100hp. The first DiabloSport Predators were ficm only tuners. Now what would be interesting is if someone had there hands on that. Cough Cough Mike Wesley Cough. Write a ficm with the early tuner and then make it play nicely with other pcm matches. Combine that with some other mods and you might get a nice running large injector truck that starts and cranks correctly.

It is true that ficm tuning can give you 100hp. The first DiabloSport Predators were ficm only tuners. Now what would be interesting is if someone had there hands on that. Cough Cough Mike Wesley Cough. Write a ficm with the early tuner and then make it play nicely with other pcm matches. Combine that with some other mods and you might get a nice running large injector truck that starts and cranks correctly.

It was 70hp on a heavily modified truck with larger injectors. That's not going to happen on a stock injector truck. It would drain the injectors and probably lose power.

I've stacked the old Diablosport with our PCM/TCM tune years ago and there is absolutely no difference in power or 1/4 mile time. It puked and ran a tenth slower.

When it's all stock, you can notice a power increase...if you can keep the trans from slipping and jerking. Combine with a trans only tune, it's probably worth 70rwhp. Both PCM/TCM and FICM together is a disaster. Through the years we've worked around the FICM by making changes to the PCM, which basically returns the same results.

The later FICM reflashes limits some of these changes, so updating the code to an earlier flash or an adjusted FICM file will yield the same results as the earlier flashes.

It was 70hp on a heavily modified truck with larger injectors. That's not going to happen on a stock injector truck. It would drain the injectors and probably lose power.

I've stacked the old Diablosport with our PCM/TCM tune years ago and there is absolutely no difference in power or 1/4 mile time. It puked and ran a tenth slower.

When it's all stock, you can notice a power increase...if you can keep the trans from slipping and jerking. Combine with a trans only tune, it's probably worth 70rwhp. Both PCM/TCM and FICM together is a disaster. Through the years we've worked around the FICM by making changes to the PCM, which basically returns the same results.

The later FICM reflashes limits some of these changes, so updating the code to an earlier flash or an adjusted FICM file will yield the same results as the earlier flashes.

Read what I said again.

Ficm tuning can give you 100hp. Which is what the original predator did. Write a ficm with the early tuner and then make it play nicely with other pcm matches. Combine that with some other mods and you might get a nice running large injector truck that starts and cranks correctly. The predator is a ficm flasher. The files are on a hard drive at diablosport. PCM gets you the injection pressure you need to fire the fuel (Like Rail Pressure in a cummins) And the ficm gives you pulsewidth and some timing control. Obviously I'm not explaining this to you. Trying to educate the customer that on a sct,exhaust,intake truck the FICM is not a guy walking across water.

Read what I said again.

Ficm tuning can give you 100hp. Which is what the original predator did. Write a ficm with the early tuner and then make it play nicely with other pcm matches. Combine that with some other mods and you might get a nice running large injector truck that starts and cranks correctly. The predator is a ficm flasher. The files are on a hard drive at diablosport. PCM gets you the injection pressure you need to fire the fuel (Like Rail Pressure in a cummins) And the ficm gives you pulsewidth and some timing control. Obviously I'm not explaining this to you. Trying to educate the customer that on a sct,exhaust,intake truck the FICM is not a guy walking across water.

LOL...ok, I read it again and it says the same thing. Just kidding. :Cheer:

I've already ran those files combined with PCM programming. Yes, Mike Wesley paid good money for those programs, but there is a reason they aren't used. We can raise ICP to the same pressure and add the timing with the PCM programming. Years ago we tested raising ICP with a module stack and ficm change. With programming, we were able to exceed the power levels, safer and more reliably.

And if you saw what they have in CMR for the ICP desired tables and the IPR duty cycle tables which were created by Willie Figuroa you would have a great laugh.

I know what you mean, I have. Just like reading the programs from other major companies devices, it makes you wonder how the truck even runs right.

I remember way back in 03 maybe early 04 I tried a predator, it didnt stay on my truck for 2days. The trans never hit a shift right and it immediately started puking. I guess this explains why.:bang

Yea....Willie didn't exactly have it right back then.
He's probably single handedly responsible for more blown 6.0 hadgaskets than all other tuners put together. LOL

Back