Filled 53 block in 24V common rail truck ?

VaOutlaw

King of the dyno
Is there any reasons why I can't run a filled 53 block in my 24V common rail truck ? Want to make sure head and all accessories will bolt right up and there are no other weak spots in the block besides the coolant passages.

We have a new combination we want to test and have a couple 53 blocks laying around and thought they might be okay to use since the blocks will be filled anyways.

If you're running a stock CP3 front gear case, the alignment pins won't line up on an ISB block. I can't remember, but I think the oil pan/gasket is different too.

The front cover isn't that big of a deal just place it on engine bolt the holes that do line up which there will be a few, then use a centering punch and mark the holes that need to be drilled and tapped, measure the other holes that are there to figure how deep to drill the new holes and go on from there. Also the oil pans are different the only way around that is to either make a new custom pan or do what I did and cut the front sections off of a Cr pan and the 24v pan and fit them together, if you take your time and tig weld them together a person can make it look good. For the head you may need to die grind a few of the coolant passages line up a little better as well. But that's a lot of work to just use a different block just cause it has been filled.

I'd just go ahead and fill the CR block, if your not blowing out cylinder walls yet, you will be.

I'd just go ahead and fill the CR block, if your not blowing out cylinder walls yet, you will be.

We are exploding cylinder walls thats why we want to start filling the blocks.

I don't want to tear down my current CR motor , that setup is still running great and in the truck we just haven't pushed the boost toooo high yet.

Unfortunately the only other blocks I have access to are both 53 blocks. Looks like I will be better off just buying a CR block rather than having to modify a oil pan.