filter base?

Chevycummins

Bad case of Tinkeritis!
i bought a fass 95 from a friend but it doesnt have a filter base on it and was thinking about either tapping the holes in the pump flange or getting a new base and filters. just curious as to how easy it is to get just those parts and how much i could get ahold of them for.

thanks

michael

i bought a fass 95 from a friend but it doesnt have a filter base on it and was thinking about either tapping the holes in the pump flange or getting a new base and filters. just curious as to how easy it is to get just those parts and how much i could get ahold of them for.

Michael,

It sounds like you have our HPFP series of pumps. These pumps are designed to be stand alone pumps with no filtration of their own. In order for you to get a filter base for this pump you would be better off buying a new FASS system. It will be less expensive and less hassle in the long run. We dont actually sell the parts that your asking for. These are proprietary parts that are simply not for sale. I am sorry if this causes any inconvenience to you. This is not my intent. Check with your local FASS dealer to find out all about our FASS system of fuel pumps with filtration.

Its the fass unit there is no place to screw fittings in and the new systems are way too much for me

here is the pics of that base i pump i have. if i can get ahold of a base for like 100 bucks that would be a lot better than 750 bucks for a whole new pump.

Attachments

• IMG00015.jpg
    IMG00015.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG00016.jpg
    IMG00016.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG00017.jpg
    IMG00017.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG00018.jpg
    IMG00018.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG00019.jpg
    IMG00019.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG00020.jpg
    IMG00020.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1
Ok...Your right that is the pump head off of a FASS 150 Series. It is a 95 GPH pump. There are a few problems with this.

1. That pump is seriously outdated. If you notice the block that looks like an upside "T" is actually a two piece unit and we no longer do that. All of our "T" Blocks are one piece machined parts. The motor looks ok but without disassembling the pump i cannot be sure.

2. We normally do not sell just the filter base. The reason is simple. The FASS systems all have a serial number on the filter base that is recorded here at our factory and that serial number corresponds with the pump head, assembly kit and the warranty. According to the pics you posted the pump head you have has no motor number which we need to record with the serial number.

3. The filter base is only a part of the total package. With our full kits we also include a wiring harness, fuel line, fittings to attach the pump to your injection pump and tank, mounting hardware and brackets. by the time you purchased all of the items needed to make what you have a full kit, you could have bought a new kit with a warranty.

So you see, It is a lot more difficult and exspensive to make what you have into a full FASS kit. If you would like some other options i am willing to discuss it please send me a PM and we can talk

Thank you again for supporting the FASS family of fuel pumps. Have a great day!

Back