Finally drove the truck

BgBlDodge

Hates hippies
Got the last stuff buttoned up and went for a spin. Throttle response is instant and very smooth. I like it a lot. I gotta adjust my TV cable some cause the tranny is shifting at 1500rpm and is in 3rd gear by 25mph. Only problem is is I've run out of room on the adjuster by the linkage. IIRC you can bend the bracket on the tranny just slightly but in which direction? I've got about 1/8" of slack in the cable at the pump. It might also be the POT that I'm running. I've tried twisting it in either direction and no change but IIRC it mainly controls lockup and OD speeds. I dunno, maybe I need to give it more throttle to get more pull on the cable? I'm barely touching the pedal right now. Man this thing is way different.

Idle needs to be brought up a pinch as well. 850rpm in neutral and it has a mild lope. In gear it's at about 750-800rpm and when coming to a stop it lopes like a SOB. Bump either the neutral idle or in gear idle up about 50rpm and it's smooth as glass.

I've got two small oil leaks in the oil pan I need to hunt down and fix and it looks like #1 DV holder is seeping slightly so it looks like I'm gonna have to get a new o-ring for that as well.

Got cold and tired of holding a flash light while trying to work and I'm not sure which way to bend the bracket on the TV cable and don't wanna destroy my $6000 tranny. I'll jack with it tomorrow after work and all this weekend.

Got cold and tired of holding a flash light while trying to work and I'm not sure which way to bend the bracket on the TV cable and don't wanna destroy my $6000 tranny. I'll jack with it tomorrow after work and all this weekend.

I got your text a little late, sorry bud.

Got the last stuff buttoned up and went for a spin. Throttle response is instant and very smooth. I like it a lot. I gotta adjust my TV cable some cause the tranny is shifting at 1500rpm and is in 3rd gear by 25mph. Only problem is is I've run out of room on the adjuster by the linkage. IIRC you can bend the bracket on the tranny just slightly but in which direction? I've got about 1/8" of slack in the cable at the pump. It might also be the POT that I'm running. I've tried twisting it in either direction and no change but IIRC it mainly controls lockup and OD speeds. I dunno, maybe I need to give it more throttle to get more pull on the cable? I'm barely touching the pedal right now. Man this thing is way different.

Idle needs to be brought up a pinch as well. 850rpm in neutral and it has a mild lope. In gear it's at about 750-800rpm and when coming to a stop it lopes like a SOB. Bump either the neutral idle or in gear idle up about 50rpm and it's smooth as glass.

I've got two small oil leaks in the oil pan I need to hunt down and fix and it looks like #1 DV holder is seeping slightly so it looks like I'm gonna have to get a new o-ring for that as well.

My throttle pedal is so touchy on mine its ridiculous... I like it, but definitely don't think my wife will want to drive it now LOL

I got your text a little late, sorry bud.

No biggie. I quit listening to you last week anyways. LOL

My throttle pedal is so touchy on mine its ridiculous... I like it, but definitely don't think my wife will want to drive it now LOL

Mine's insane. A smarty on level 9 has nothing on this pump. But what's freaking great is that it's not jerky and smokey like a smarty on 9. Very precise and linear. I can't wait to jack with it some more tomorrow.

You think it's touchy with the stock springs? Wait till you get the 4k in:D

Glad ya got to drive it. Even Mel was happy!

No biggie. I quit listening to you last week anyways. LOL

Mine's insane. A smarty on level 9 has nothing on this pump. But what's freaking great is that it's not jerky and smokey like a smarty on 9. Very precise and linear. I can't wait to jack with it some more tomorrow.

Got mine finished as well, and I too love the throttle feel. So quick and responsive, its night and day over the vp. And it runs dam clean too, very surprised by that. Didn't mean to hijack, carry on:hehe:

Read one post above ya nick. I'm gonna go home today and jack with it some more and then probably won't touch it again till saturday. Gonna be to hungover to care tomorrow. LOL

Read one post above ya nick. I'm gonna go home today and jack with it some more and then probably won't touch it again till saturday. Gonna be to hungover to care tomorrow. LOL

If you bend the bracket back and it still doesn't shift right, you may need to drop the pan and turn the blue locktight screw in about 3 turns.

Lavon

Thanks Lavon. I'm gonna mess with it tonight. Hopefully I don't need to drop the pan.

Sweet, you drove it! Can't wait to see it on a dyno. Call me, I wanna see if it has anymore power now! LOL

I'm excited for you Tyler. We got Dustin's truck back together over Christmas too and he finally let me drive it the other day......... I NEED a 913 pump.

Soooo....six days and no update??

Did you get the thransmission worked out?

Disregard...just saw the other thread: your one millionth thread regarding this conversion.

Not even close to one millionth. I'm only a quarter of the way there. LOL

No I haven't ironed out the tranny yet. Gonna try one more time with this POT and if I can't get it to work then I'm just gonna run a switch to manually engage OD until I rebuild some funds and buy a TPS which I'm probably gonna have to rig up somehow as well.

Tyler I'll be home in about a week. I can swing by and fix it if you don't have it fixed then. Don't mind brother. BTW take notes when you start adjusting the pump.

Daniel

Awesome!! Glad your coming home man. Gonna have to throw down a few cold one's after you catch up with the mrs's. LOL

Back