Finally nailed down my build...

BB KoncepZ

2007 5.9 4x4. not so much a daily driver anymore, more of a fun street truck...
somethin that will make 625ish rwhp without real high drive pressure and egts...

already have:
-full 5" exhaust(straight with an FTE resonator)
-S&B intake(wont need)
-Full Billet Garmon trans

will be adding:

-MPI stock/s400 twin kit
-CP3 mods: leaning towards a Wicked stage 3...
-Possibly the wickeds coolant bypass if i need it
-Hamilton springs and push rods
-arp studs...leanin towards the standard studs but may do 625s...
-AD II 165
-BD steel intercooler tube
-DDP injectors: 120s
-fluidamper
-s&b intake horn
-Edge CTS gauge
-EFI Live tune

anybody feel free to shoot me any ideas or opinions on what im doin, stuff i need, dont need, etc...

gonna run it like this for a while and maybe add a 62 on top if i decide i want more...

thanks

Last edited:
Shouldn't have any problems hitting that hp number with the implied setup.

Jake

Not to be rude. I don't see that as a "build". Thats a bolt on list. Nice to see you started with a transmission though.

Have fun, but not too much, or you'll learn the true meaning of the word.

Not to be rude. I don't see that as a "build". Thats a bolt on list. Nice to see you started with a transmission though.

Have fun, but not too much, or you'll learn the true meaning of the word.

BUILD

^^This^^

You DON'T want to learn the term, "Swoled It"..... Trust me

"build" is just a general term I use, but I know the true meaning of the term build...and thaa why im gonna stay around the 650 area so I dont learn what "swole" means. David, you deffinately know how to get the good out of somethin! Sorry to hear of the "swole" incident...sux for sure. Ever decide your next move?

"build" is just a general term I use, but I know the true meaning of the term build...and thaa why im gonna stay around the 650 area so I dont learn what "swole" means. David, you deffinately know how to get the good out of somethin! Sorry to hear of the "swole" incident...sux for sure. Ever decide your next move?

Thanks man!

Finally decided I need to do the smart thing for now.. Parting out

Stock motor going back in..

Speaking of which.. My MPI twins , Flux 4 nozzles, and my Monotherms are up for grabs.. In case you want a set of twins about half price that'll spool great for street and room to grow to over 800+ hp for future..

i would look at changing the intercooler especially putting compounds on... it sure sounds like a fun build though.

keep the updates coming.

But I clicked on the thread because I wanted to read about pistons and stuff. One time a guy used a general term in a thread title, and I saw man tits. I don't think its good to use general terms in thread titles. It's...misleading.

All good though. I'm not even mad.

i would look at changing the intercooler especially putting compounds on... it sure sounds like a fun build though.

keep the updates coming.

Negative Ghostrider!

Stock IC here...75 psi.. 850+ hp....

But I clicked on the thread because I wanted to read about pistons and stuff. One time a guy used a general term in a thread title, and I saw man tits. I don't think its good to use general terms in thread titles. It's...misleading.

All good though. I'm not even mad.

LOL LOL

The great thing about having a language instead of communicating with grunts, weird sounds, and pointing is that words have standard meanings... If you know what a word means, why use it inappropriately? Would you call your Mom a bish, because it's just a general term you use?

I saw a "build thread" and expected all sorts of cool, custom stuff. Not bolt ons.

swole: pressure is not the only thing to consider, thermal exchange and efficiency is more what i was looking at, i would consider going with a different cooler, it will only help air flow to oxidize fuel.

I do agree that it does not need to be swapped just putting it on the table.

Last edited:
swole: pressure is not the only thing to consider, thermal exchange and efficiency is more what i was looking at, i would consider going with a different cooler, it will only help air flow and to oxidize fuel.

I do agree that it does not need to be swapped just putting it on the table.

True. I mean as long as we are talking bolt on products, why not. Don't forget that catchy phrase for the tailgate or rear window. Sure, that is technically a "stick on", but seems to be all the rage.

Last edited:
True. I mean as long as we are talking bolt on products, why not. Don't forget that catchy phrase for the tailgate or rear window. Sure, that is technically a "stick on", but seems to be all the rage.

I am not sure what you mean by this but by the looks of it you dont have much more than bolts on's....

I am not sure what you mean by this but by the looks of it you dont have much more than bolts on's....

I never called it my build. That is a sig.
It means everything to me. Please don't knock it. :hehe:

Cakeballs mean everything to me.

Unfortunately my wife is on a diet, and not making any. More will be mailed as soon as she hits 115#.

I never called it my build. That is a sig.
It means everything to me. Please don't knock it. :hehe:

i'm not knocking it! just pointing out that someone with a list as long as yous and over 8k posts it is easy to see why things are the way they are...:stab:

Last edited:
Ok, point taken I will call it somethin else next time.
Just because it says build doesnt mean it has to have internal work...big pistons, cam, etc...

My last street car(mustang) made just shy of 900hp, but it didnt have a "built" motor...guess I shoulda called it my bolt on setup...sounds crazy...

The point of the thread was to share some info with a great bunch of people and get some feedback on my plans. Which is what forums are for. Not to nit-pick what someone is calling the setup or plan of action on their vehicle

Cakeballs mean everything to me.

Unfortunately my wife is on a diet, and not making any. More will be mailed as soon as she hits 115#.

Now that you mentioned it, cakeballs actually are important to me as well. I will add them to my sig. so the world can know.

Cakeballs could be considered a build by the way.
Good luck to your wife on the weight loss. My wife is on a perpetual diet/eating disorder, so the cakeballs are never built at my house.