Finally ready to pull

Kman9090

After a long winter we finally have got the truck back together and was able to go out and do a few holeshots with it.
MVI_4357.mp4 video by kman9090 - Photobucket

New turbo, front axles, air to water, and different injectors that Vance gave me to try out of his truck destroked. Only Question I have is last year we fought problem after problem with this truck and I think we have it running better. Last year we had problems staying on top of the charger and never figured it out before the end of the year. Dale (2wpuller) was nice enough to loan me injectors but the only thing was the DDP 76lpm injectors it wouldn't clear up the smoke at all. So will the 5x20's that dale gave me be better or do you nthink it's to much fuel for a 2.6 charger? I will say we did holeshots last year before and this year the truck seems to respond way different but we wont know for sure until we hook to the sled.

After a long winter we finally have got the truck back together and was able to go out and do a few holeshots with it.
MVI_4357.mp4 video by kman9090 - Photobucket

New turbo, front axles, air to water, and different injectors that Vance gave me to try out of his truck destroked. Only Question I have is last year we fought problem after problem with this truck and I think we have it running better. Last year we had problems staying on top of the charger and never figured it out before the end of the year. Dale (2wpuller) was nice enough to loan me injectors but the only thing was the DDP 76lpm injectors it wouldn't clear up the smoke at all. So will the 5x20's that dale gave me be better or do you nthink it's to much fuel for a 2.6 charger? I will say we did holeshots last year before and this year the truck seems to respond way different but we wont know for sure until we hook to the sled.

Not too much fuel at all. I know folks that run bigger!

What you think we should start with the pump cc's with that kind of injector?

Every pump stand is different but 550-600 depending on the turbo/a2w setup. Looks like you have too much fuel but you need to get it behind a sled to tell so the engine is actually getting loaded.

Right now I believe we have it at 500cc's, its a scheid 13mm pump. The picture in my avator is last year with pump at 550cc and the 76lpm injectors. I have 2 Air to water coolers plumbed to the same water cooler. The smoke is defiantly way down from last year. We even turned the pump down to 460cc and still couldn't clear the smoke. The truck defiantly starts alot better though. Took almost half a can to get it going last year now its just a few squirts but still wont start on its own even if its warm.

Attachments

• Warren COunty pull 2.jpg
    Warren COunty pull 2.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 0
i wouldnt even worry about what cc to set it to. Play with the fuel and see how it reacts. I would starting pulling fuel back. Make small adjustments cause if you jump to far you may not see a gain casue you went to far. It may take up to a few pulls to get it right but lean and mean works well.

I would start around 550 or so. Look at smoke, and egts. Timing is also another area to look at.

Timing is at about 36-38, Picked up the truck last year and it was at 40 and would barely start with a half a can of either. Still new to the 12 valve thing so like to hear different oponions. We went with a smaller turbo from last year to this year as well.

Also do the hyrdos suck that bad on the ZF6 that with the Iron Giant SOuthbend it won't hold back above 4000RPM's? In some ways it's kinda nice since it acts like a weighted clutch but before I can get above 5000RPMs I have to go since I fear damaging the Southbend. If you watch that video close you can see it pushing through.