fire ring delete

Sorry Rob, but i was just informed that TS wasn't having one anymore and that this weekends pull that is going to be a NADM event in Numidia, PA at Numidia dragway park was taking place of the TS event even though they aren't the same time of the year. But maybe my informant is wrong...we'll just hafta wait and see i guess.

Either way....The truck wont be done till next year...Im going to start it after I do my compounds on the blue truck

heres some pics of pass. side.
573568612IEttOD

To get back on topic we had issues with Fire Rings on My truck and a customers truck. We tried O ringing inside of the fire ring grove on my heads and there wasn't enough bite in the gasket so then we took a little off of the heads and cleaned those fire ring groves a little then made a reciever grove in my block and it has been holding just fine. We then purchased some new heads and studs for our customer and just made everything flat and no more problems for him. We have done quite a few with just surfacing and I am very Happy with them but they all also only make 500-550Hp and 60lbs of boost. Just my info, hope all works out well.

if you get new heads try out the river city diesel head gaskets they are called black onyx and are supposed to be good, just got some put in mine when my warranty head stud job failed and then they voided my warranty.

yea I've seen those they say there rated to 800hp. anybody Else using these?

I wonder how they determined that they are good up 800? I'm just curious, not questioning the claim, by the way :Cheer:

I have them in my truck. But I have only had it for a few days and I haven't got my new tunes in yet to really beat on it. They are way cheaper than gaskets from Ford and supposedly better.

I have those gaskets in my truck. They seem to be doin great. I've only put on about 7k miles since I got them done at the end of May. and I'm only makin 496RWHP

I talked to elite yesterday. they said they do have new rings coming out but there in testing right now. I emailed my pics to them. I cleaned one head every where it was leaking it pitted the heads so basically the whole surface of the head is junk. there already at min. spec. not very happy with a fail safe setup.

not far as i can tell with my experience. not if they had to develop a new ring configuration. also one of the rings was broke when i took the heads off.

I believe Elites and ATS are the same firerings.

Im telling you guys....The block is key. Make sure its flat. This week again, I have a customer that made the dealer check his block. And after hours of arguing and both of us going to the dealer sure and behold the block is out. This was his second set of HG within 6months and the block is out, BAD.

I wonder how many dealer check the block...If any

I believe Elites and ATS are the same firerings.

Im telling you guys....The block is key. Make sure its flat. This week again, I have a customer that made the dealer check his block. And after hours of arguing and both of us going to the dealer sure and behold the block is out. This was his second set of HG within 6months and the block is out, BAD.

I wonder how many dealer check the block...If any

I agree rob, i bet not too many do check the deck of the block. I bet alot don't even check the flatness of the heads. I bet alot of dealerships just pull the heads and put new gaskets and bolts in without even checking the heads for flatness.

I checked my block and heads were milled. but I do think the block is over looked at times.

I know for certain that my heads and block in the ranger are 100% flat. No fire rings for me, waste of money, IMHO!