first time puller down to bust parts

turbo_coffin

Had my first hook this September. Needless to say I was hooked. Didn't do very well but I didn't have much of a baseline for what to do and expect.
Truck is a 2nd gen 24 valve with tuning and stock internals. Ran suspension stops at 2" and 65 inch traction bars to frame. 35 inch toyos with 3.55 gears in 2nd low. Left gate at 3500 rpm and spun and ended up hopping trying to get out of the spin and took out the bandaided(ford flange and ball into dodge h yoke with a hybrid joint and he ball was a little far away from the spindle so it had bind at extreme angles) front driveshaft and in turn transfer case. I also sheared the rear output shaft at the snap ring. Pulled about 50 feet have much to do for next season hope to come back stronger. Pulling up in saskatchewan Canada.

Attachments

• 20150910_193535.jpg
    20150910_193535.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20150907_222045.jpg
    20150907_222045.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 0
  • 20150905_162901.jpg
    20150905_162901.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
welcome to comp d! all I have to add is man you need to find a pressure washer :hehe:

Welcome to the addiction! What kind of power you making? Probably could have got a taller gear.

Yes that's what I've learned. My initial game plan was 3000 rpm direct in low but a seasoned puller there said traction wouldn't be a problem and to pull in 2nd. Well 2nd basically had me doing full wheelspeed right out the hole and by the time I tried to correct things the sled was too heavy for my power level. And it hasn't dynoed but I believe it's the 2nd from highest engine hp code for that year and running a tailored smarty tune with pretty high timing and long injection times so I'd reckon around the 350 mark at the crank but that's probably over shooting by a fair bit. Without a dyno it's all just a big fish story

Yeah but once your transfer case opens up at a high rpm the oil just kinda splashes everywhere. Ahh free rust proofing anyway

Yeah but once your transfer case opens up at a high rpm the oil just kinda splashes everywhere. Ahh free rust proofing anyway

:lolly: that's very true. Ive been spoiled with the heated pressure washer in are shop. :evil

In the days before it was a pulling truck I used to run equipment at that time and I used to just pick up the back end with the loader and wash er like that. I have a 2" schd 80 pipe bumper so she's solid