First time pulling...

:doh:LOL

IMO shifty you already have more than your stock trans can handle. If you want a little more power Id suggest grinding that plate down to a 0. and then advancing the timing to about 16 or 17*. Also make sure your AFC is adjusted properly so its not limiting your fueling. And im assuming youre still running the stock turbo? I think the transmission should be the next thing you spend a lot of money on, then maybe consider upgrading the turbo.

Good points good ideas......let me add my $.02

#1 you NEED to start saving for transmissions upgrades or a new Goerend Unit. www.gbtransmissions.com I have personally watched Josh (Teddybear's) pulling truck take A CRAP LOAD of abuse and never give a moments trouble. Hell he's bent his frame before and the trans is still kicking!!!:woohoo::clap:LOL

I would suggest if your going to grind you plate go to a #100 which just limits your low/pre boost fueling. All it is is a #10 plate bottom curve into a flat #0 plate mid to high range. Also as Josh suggested make sure your AFC housing is adjusted properly. Somewhere between all the way back to middle of the slotted housing screws is plenty adiquite. Make sure your keeping the boost below 45PSI on the stock turbo....40PSI if you can help until you can afford to upgrade. If you haven't already had your timing advanced I would bump it up to 16* I heard a long time ago somewhere that you didn't want to go above that on a stock headgasket....I cannot remember where now but it was a reliable resource I know that much.

I removed the AFC arm 2 nights ago to see how the truck ran instead of grinding on the foot of the AFC arm(I like it so far)... I had 3 stock plates collected, but somebody threw them out... I might just grind this #4 down, but I was trying not to... I'm still running the stock turbo, but I can have an HX40 if I want it, so I'm thinking about getting that for now... The timing is something I need to do, so I was thinking I could do that, the mack plug, and delivery valves all at once and be done with it for a while... I'm sure the trans would say ENOUGH after a short time with that set up...lol...

and delivery valves all at once and be done with it for a while... I'm sure the trans would say ENOUGH after a short time with that set up...lol...

What year is your truck?!? If you have 181 Delivery valves I would just leave well enough alone with those until you upgrade your turbo & trans. If you throw more fuel from a new plate & DV's at your turbo your just going to kill it eventually. I "accidently" made 53PSI of boost on my stock HX35 with a 14cm wastegated housing one night racing a dirtymax and that was at like 1/2 to 3/4 throttle with a #10 or #100 fuel plate and laser cut DV's.:doh: Luckily the boost gauge caught my eye......those DV's came back out until I could afford a turbo.

I have a 97, so which DV's would I have???... Which trans does my truck have??? The prices aren't as bad as I thought they might be for the transmissions...lol...:evil

I have a 97, so which DV's would I have???... Which trans does my truck have??? The prices aren't as bad as I thought they might be for the transmissions...lol...:evil

You have a 180HP Pump since its an auto so you will have 181 DV's...I know I bought Teddybear's off him when he upgraded! LOL

You truck should have the 180hp pump with 181 delivery valves. It should also have a 47re transmission.

Dont forget that probably the prices you are seeing are without billet shafts on the transmissions. Go ahead and save youself the trouble and do the input shaft when you get a tranny. The stock input on mine gave up with about 300hp.

I agree with everyone else, you don't need to start saving for a tranny, just go to the next pull and it will be time! Your already putting a hurting on it as is with your power.

Hahahahaha... Yea, I'm starting to notice a trend here...lol... I guess I'll just get a trans and be done with it...

The thing is, when you build your transmission, you will probably be putting 50 extra horsepower on the ground, maybe more, and with lower EGT's than before. So that will be better than adding more power to the motor at this point. It makes a huge difference.