first track time 9.7 in 1/8th. stock turbo

Thinblueline24v

First time out at the track tonight and I ran a 9.7 @ 69mph in 1/8th. I am still running 35" tires and full interior. Boost launched around 12lbs. 60ft. at 2.0:tree: Quadzilla wanted to defuel before the finish line and had the smarty stacked on it at level 8. Anybody had any experience with the defeuling? Is that time about average or fast or slow for a stock turbo???

if you have the pyro option defueling at high egt, that may be why.. crank boost on that 35 or pull some fuel out of higher speed...

do you have a lockup switch on it? that will get you about 3 tenths at that speed. it should do a little better though

I have the boost up to around 38-40lbs. I think your right about the pyro option. I probably need to turn it off. I haven't got a lockup switch yet. I probably will when I get a bigger turbo.

You dont need an aftermarket turbo to wire in a lockup switch. Only takes about 15-20mins to do it.

I don't even use my switch dd... and at full weight you will start breaking more with more turbo ..

So when you drag your truck, are you flipping the lock up switch in second gear?? Off the line?? When's the best time to flip it?

right after you hit second...congrats on going down the track for the first time

I used to own a 99' 5spd 4x4 with Quadzilla, Jammer 5's, and He351 turbo. It would run anywhere from 9.2 @ 78MPH to 9.5 @ 77MPH depending on how clean I made the 2-3 shift.

I always figured with a built auto and nice boosted launch, it would run a 9.0 to 8.9's in the 1/8th at 80 MPH or so.

As far as stock turbo capability, my full weight 7000 lb 98' 12 valve 4x4 Quad Cab Long bed runs consistent 9.4x @ 72MPH, those runs usually ended up at 14.86-14.88 @ 89.6 to 89.9 MPH.

My lighter weight 95' Junker Drag Truck with stock turbo, 2wd at 5,500 lbs ran 9.0 to 8.8 1/8th mile times @ 80.2 to 80.9 MPH and the runs all ended 13.9 to 13.6 @ 99.8 to 100.8 MPH. At that point, I had not fully maxed out the stock turbo but it was pushing a healthy wastegate limited 39-42 psi boost. I think with more fuel it could have been pushed to a 13.2 1/4 mile time but I'm sure the turbo would have only lasted a couple of runs.

A lock-up switch will really help on your setup. As I recall, using the lock-up switch picked up 2-3 tenths in the 1/4 mile on my full weight 98'.

well if you picked up that much by just adding a lockup switch then i need that done today. Hey slowgo, can you make that happen??