Fixed my KDP......

red96ram

Jerzey trash in CO
well, last night i finally got around tabbing my KDP. only took and hour and a half, but I was drinking heavily, so I prolly could have done it in under an hour lol. I was happy, but also a little disappointed when i saw my KDP was sitting flush and had no signs of leaving its hole. Part of me wanted to open it up and catch it right before it destroyed something :) that would have been a story! but it was still in place, just added the Tab, cleaned the cover, replaced some gaskets and went on my way. Anyone who hasn't done this fix yet needs to, too easy not to do it. sorry no pics, just wanted to get it done so i can do other things to my truck and know that the KDP was taken care of. happy Friday everyone!:Cheer:

Oh yeah, here are the Cummins P/N's
3804899- crank seal
3958017-Tab
3918673-gear cover gasket

NOT needed was the longer bolt 3900631, it's too long, and the tab is thin, so there was no reason to get this, Cummins said I would need it, but the factory one is fine.

Last edited:
And a muffler isn't gonna get rid of the wet elephant fart sound.

first thing throught my mind was a commonrail blasting down the track

About time you got this done! Now you can actually start upgrading the truck instead of repairing it....

haha, that was the only repair it needed, that and the lukes links! VB/TC is up next, then it's pump time! oh yeah, and those injectors we discussed!

When I had mine torn down I checked the tab...it hadn't even thought of budging. Smiled at that fact and threw a tab on then went on my way.

did mine a few months ago, but it was not there, got lucky very little damage, put new one in and tabed it, used 2 seals, messed up the 1st time putting it back on, still leaked, now good to go. ive read alot of 98s seem to fall out.

wow, you got Lucky! every time you open one up, you never know what you will find. I have heard of some guys really messing up their motor, and one friend of mine worked at a shop a few years ago, and they had a 12v getting injectors put in, they test drove it around the block after the install and it shot the pin through the case! it can happen anytime at any place and just about any mileage!