Fleece Performance STOCK Dmax goes 11.55 @ 117 on fuel

Injectors arent too hard on LLY,LBZ,LMM trucks. I went over 120mph through the lights in our extended cab truck with the stock engine and injectors on pump fuel. But the engine bent the rods later. Seems so long ago but I guess it wasnt.

Injectors arent too hard on LLY,LBZ,LMM trucks. I went over 120mph through the lights in our extended cab truck with the stock engine and injectors on pump fuel. But the engine bent the rods later. Seems so long ago but I guess it wasnt.

You have honed stock injectors at the time?

Morse, i'll be curious to see how your 4L80E will hold up for ya, you know i run a TH400. Hope you have good luck with it, at 3500# race weight, it will fly! Not sure what all TCI offers as far as the good parts for the 4L80/400 but take it from me, do all the shafts and hard parts the first time, if your missing any components give Alan a call over at Art Carr. Good luck with that project, cant wait to hear how it runs.
Ryan

Really? Taking of a valve cover and loosening some bolts is a tear down? Seemed pretty easy to me...

It is, but you are technically getting "into" the motor now are you not? You touch the motor oil!

What's next, "there's only a few dozen head bolts to pull and bolt on a new head that happens to be ported, it's still stock tho".

I suppose what is the definition of a "long block" for a diesel. With gassers injectors are not part of that. I think depending, even valve covers are not with gassers

When you get a "create motor" from GM or Cummins, would that include injectors? If that's the case, then I would heavily lean toward injectors swaps as non-stock internal modifications. I would suspect the CP3 comes with it, but if you leave the stock one and bolt on another, that' bending the rules very well! ;-) LOL

I'm not trying to burst your bubble, just not letting ya get a big head :kick:

hmm Crap. I forgot about 12vavles.... you don't even get dirty changing sticks on them.

You have honed stock injectors at the time?
I asked Pat:

No, the original untouched injectors the truck came with. Pat ended up running 10.83 on fuel, going 174mph at Bonneville, and making 799rwhp uncorrected on the stock LLY injectors. But the engine had been built by then. The injectors were damaged at Bonneville.

He very recently put in Dynomite Diesel injector nozzles and is testing them. He went 175 on GPS before he lifted at El Mirage with them so far, but has not dyno tuning them yet.

Pat tested 10 hole injectors in the past and ended up taking them back off.

I don't know the tuning stuff. I asked Pat, and he chuckled. Not sure what that means. :confused:

Stock motor.. All bolt on's.

Sorry..

We don't have the luxury of 1200hp capable internals so I (and the rest of the dmax guys) am pretty happy with a 750hp truck living through 4 passes and 2 sled pulling seasons ;) without a set of aftermarket rods.

Thanks,

Brayden

Borrow time and you know it................ Nice pass there Brayden

Thanks Steve.... Made me want to take it again today and spray it!!

JFlagg.. The LBZ Dmax injectors can be removed without taking the valve covers off.. It's easier than a cummins ;)

So I'm sticking to my statement.. Valve covers have never been off... All bolt on's. Only time we've touched oil on that motor is changing it.

Our pulsewidth @ 730hp on the dyno was 2400uS and the rail pressure sensor was saturated so we were north of 29,000 psi :D

A very short pulse by duramax tuner standards. Stock injectors would require 3300 or so to make that much power with a good size turbo as well.

JFlagg.. The LBZ Dmax injectors can be removed without taking the valve covers off.. It's easier than a cummins ;)

So I'm sticking to my statement.. Valve covers have never been off... All bolt on's. Only time we've touched oil on that motor is changing it.

Our pulsewidth @ 730hp on the dyno was 2400uS and the rail pressure sensor was saturated so we were north of 29,000 psi :D

A very short pulse by duramax tuner standards. Stock injectors would require 3300 or so to make that much power with a good size turbo as well.

At what RPM?

How do you swap injectors with out pulling a valve cover? please do tell.

http://www.bmdmax.com/DDTeardown.htm
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20717

As far as RPM goes we killed the feed for the second pump at 3000 rpm's on the first two runs and the third we started at 2500 rpm... This essentially turns the second pump fully on or max fuel flow = no current to the solenoid.

You can see it in the graph where the power jumps up.. The first run the tach sensor lost signal on the dampner.

But it was over 600hp from 2500 to 4200 rpm.. I need to get another printout in engine rpm instead of mph.

That's why the torque is low.. we're spinning some rpm's and the motor is tuned to make the power up higher than down low.. That's why it's together today ;)

Brayden

I guess it depends on what year Cummins. I use to do my '02 24V in about 25 minutes with hand tools and I've done my 3rd gen in under 2 hours (closer to 1 hour 45 minutes) with hand tools. Somehow I doubt the LBZ is that fast.

730 at the wheels, single stock like appearing turbo, trailer friendly, near stock lag.. It sounds great to me..

I can't wait to see that in the Dmax Camaro, should be sweet!