flet bed tool boxes? where to get them

jaybuller

USCG MK
i just got done buildin my flatbed for my truck and now i want to buy some underbed tool boxes for infront of the rear wheels under the flatbed. I found some on ebay and whatnot but they want over 200 dollars for each one. some up towards 400. where is a good place to get a basice rectangle steel toolbox that locks? thank you all.

x2 They are expensive. I just bought a regular truck box 2 weeks ago and I waited till that point because tractor supply had there boxes 20% off. Still it wasn't cheap but I did save a little. Might want to check that out.

well ****.... after 800 dollars worth of steel, about 20 bucks in welding supplys and 50 dollars worth of 4" round tailights im about tired of spendin money. This flat is costin me money...... guess im just gonna have to pony up the cash when i have it.

i just got done buildin my flatbed for my truck and now i want to buy some underbed tool boxes for infront of the rear wheels under the flatbed. I found some on ebay and whatnot but they want over 200 dollars for each one. some up towards 400. where is a good place to get a basice rectangle steel toolbox that locks? thank you all.
Stay away from steel unless you want to replace the doors ever few years. You can buy one aluminum and never touch it, or buy 2 steel ones when the first one falls apart.

well ****.... after 800 dollars worth of steel, about 20 bucks in welding supplys and 50 dollars worth of 4" round tailights im about tired of spendin money. This flat is costin me money...... guess im just gonna have to pony up the cash when i have it.

It sucks the cash right out of your pocket when you go through with ideas that float around in your head doesn't it. Chin up though, when your done you will have it the way you want it.

Best price I ever found was at TSC on underbody boxes. But as said above, get the wallet out, they are not cheap.

I've thought about building a flatbed before, but the cost of the boxes was always a hangup... seemed easier to just buy a gently used bed :eek:

i found 3 or 4 good beds that would need to be painted and small bodywork done the total cost of the body work and paint was about 1000 dollars plus the 500 dolars for the beds. the total cost of the flatbed after i buy the toolboxes and paint it will be about 1400. so its about the same. but the flatbed i built will haul more and wont get banged up like a stock bed will. plus i like the look.

btw i have 2 decent longbeds for sale now for a 2nd gen. one has small dings and and is a little wavy (like sombodys bad bodywork looks like to me.) the other is decent just the pass side is a little messed up near the rear. ill sell both for 200 dollars if anyone wants them. absolutly zero rust anywhere on them. one is also bedlined on the bottom rocker panels.

i found 3 or 4 good beds that would need to be painted and small bodywork done the total cost of the body work and paint was about 1000 dollars plus the 500 dolars for the beds. the total cost of the flatbed after i buy the toolboxes and paint it will be about 1400. so its about the same. but the flatbed i built will haul more and wont get banged up like a stock bed will. plus i like the look.

btw i have 2 decent longbeds for sale now for a 2nd gen. one has small dings and and is a little wavy (like sombodys bad bodywork looks like to me.) the other is decent just the pass side is a little messed up near the rear. ill sell both for 200 dollars if anyone wants them. absolutly zero rust anywhere on them. one is also bedlined on the bottom rocker panels.

Neither are dually beds are they?

i went to the tractor supply and picked up two 24x18x18 black steel toolboxes for 200 bucks a pop. They look good and are sturdy enough. they had the alluminum ones there as well but they felt way to light weight and flexible for me i would think they would bend up easy. Ill take some pictures and show yall my work later.

truckbed1.jpg

you can see the tool box i welded on the bed.... that was from tractor supply for 200 ea. theres another one on the other side.