Flex-a-lite kit questions?

jjrightmire1973

My buddy and I just put a flex-a-lite fan kit on his 2005 dodge 2500. The kit says it wont fit the ones with electric clutch and his had the electric clutch so we put the kit on anyway and he has a couple fan related stored codes. IS there a kit that makes a clutch fan simulator that tricks the computer into thinking it has the stock fan and clutch on the truck? Will this hurt the truck. The electric fans do a great job of cooling the truck down also. thanks

I've got an '03 and put the Flex-a-lite fans on it.. Great kit, looks nice, clean setup, and works pretty good unless you try to tow any thing but a couple toys.. I don't know of anybody building a fooling plug for them commercially.. It doesn't hurt your truck or derate it's power any for the codes it throws..just a little annoying to see the check engine light on all the time..

Hey Doughboy, does that flex a lite throw codes on your 03?

Kevin

Hey Doughboy, does that flex a lite throw codes on your 03?

Kevin

Oh ya.! 2 codes and some times 3... Fan speed and a different one...can't remember off the top of my head, that it throws as soon as I start the truck each time...

ahh, but dosent seem to hurt performance to your knowledge?

ahh, but dosent seem to hurt performance to your knowledge?
Nope... The motor/computer doesn't seem to care.. It doesn't derate the power or anything... If any thing I get just a touch better mileage.. The only issue I have with them is when tryin to pull anything over 10,000#'s, they can't keep the water temp down at all..! Other than that the fans are an excellent kit..!