Fluid damper keeps comming loose!

I had issues with mine coming looose. Turns out my flexplate bolts on the convertor were loose. Tightened them up and no mover issues.

Wow, that's kinda nuts. Have you looked at your thrust bearing since then? I bet it was getting a workout.

Thrust was fine. It was vibrations from it moving around.

Guy around here had the same problem with his truck turned out to be whoever put the clutch in did not tighten the flywheel bolts correctly and they walked loose, actually wallowed out the holes in the crank, and that's what was causing the damper to loosen up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red loctite being permanent is a myth. I have used it on everything. In fact its recommended to be used on most Polaris snowmobiles and four wheelers and that's going into aluminum. Never once had to ever heat to get broke lose. We are using a fluid damper on our 3.0 truck. Brakleen holes and bolts apply loctite and crank to 125 ft pounds. Never been an issue.

Basically...yes. ;)

Loctite® Threadlocker Red 271™ is designed for the permanent locking and sealing of threaded fasteners. The product cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces. It protects threads from rust and corrosion and prevents loosening from shock and vibration. It is only removable once cured by heating up parts to 500°F (260°C).

Loctite® Threadlocker Blue 242® is designed for the locking and sealing of threaded fasteners which require normal disassembly with standard hand tools. The product cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces. It protects threads from rust and corrosion and prevents loosening from shock and vibration. Loctite® Threadlocker Blue 242® is particularly suited for applications on less active substrates such as stainless steel and plated surfaces, where disassembly is required for servicing.

Wanted to highlight this part as well.