Ford 9600

strawboss

5thGenFarmer
Any body got some suggesstions to up the power other than the fuel screw?
Its got the work cut out for it against the inlaws international!

Oh, by the way, it is BONE STOCK!

A bone stock 401?
I'm still learning them as I go. From what I know from the truck version, you can take the pump in to a good shop and have them up the flow with your fuel screw in the stock position. That will give you a little room to play. The turbo would be borderline if you go too high. From my searching, it's a T04B which should be good to about 250hp

mack injector nozzles for a 237 mack are a nice upgrade. they are 5 hole tens u believe. they are only like $15 ea. then up the timing to about 30.

mack injector nozzles for a 237 mack are a nice upgrade. they are 5 hole tens u believe. they are only like $15 ea. then up the timing to about 30.[/QUOT

Are the threads the same on the fuel line? Are any mods required before an injector swap?

I've got to get the weight off too, 12,500lbs across the scale!!!!

thats the price anywhere that i have checked. maybe as high as 18. its just a nozzle swap not whole injector. they will need popped tested afterwards because the mack nozzles will raise the pop off pressure by 500psi so they will need backed down.

Strawboss you got to beat your good friends 560 International Wheatland first with the little 282 D Motor before you go for the big IH's!:hehe:

I bet if we put that 560 in the field a different story will be told......that old 9600 has had a hard life and i'm betting it has over 12,000 hours on it..don
't worry I'm coming

Does any body know if the 401 will bolt in place of the four cylinder in a 5000?

yes it will bolt right up basically. obviously you would need to do some work on the hood to lengthen it.

Thanks, I've got a short block, plus a head but i need some accessories, Do ya'll have any suggestions or maybe someone is parting one out?

dunno where to look really but to make it easier alot of the accs are the same from the 4000 maybe 3000 all the way up.

The only bad thing about a 5000 is that it dosent have dual power, although if i had a 7000, they have dual power, Right?

Back