Ford-cummins.com ???

The Destroked motor plate uses a 6.0 starter. That's what they told me on the phone. I got mine from Carson Stauffer. It uses a 7.3 starter and keeps it on the same side so the wiring is correct. I have the motor mounts but haven't even opened the box. I'm having issues with a vender shipping a cam to finish the engine.

I don't think he lists the stuff on his site. Have to call him.

Kevin,

The Destroked plate does use a 6.0 starter, but it is on the same side as the 7.3 and it wires right up using the existing wiring.

LOL Carsons was cheaper and I didn't have to but a starter.

Ford cummins

Hi guys,
I am currently dealing with fordcummins myself. I am awaiting a set of motor brackets from him for my 1964 gmc 24 valve swap. So far the information book he provides is pretty top notch. It tells you which wires go where on both 12 and 24 valvers. I am expecting the brackets anyday now and will post up how well they work out.

Picking up my allison 6 speed this weekend from my brother and going to destroked for the computer controller since he is the only one that has them available atm.

Will get some pics posted of all the pertinent details: mounts, brackets, intial engine fitting and clearance measurements in my truck.

Sean
1964gmcsmurf.com

i dont have nothing bad to say about ford cummins, like everybody else says, they answer all the time, and the couple of times i called destroked, just got attitude, they are a little cheaper on parts though but the other day i called ford cummins about an electrical problem and he talked me all the way through it, and it really didn't even have nothing to do with their parts. So i paid a little more for my parts but im glad.. after i talked to destroked and got nothing but smarta$$ answers i just thought they were a waste of time.. just my 2 cents

2 yrs ago when i started my conversion i called them up and talked to Ryan there and had no issue with getting ahold of them when needed and had my parts in less than a week when i ordered them.