Ford guy maybe buying a dodge

fordtk12

Banned
I am looking into buying a cummins but want to get some info first. not sure what year but probably the 98-02 maybe an 04. I want to get the most horse power but only want to do intake exhaust and some chip or what not. What is the best that there is other there and What kind of power numbers are we looking at. Does anyone do custom tuning for the cummins? Don't want to get into injectors and suck been there done that make headaches and I want to have the good fuel mileage.

So what years, what electric mods, what are the power numbers, and what kind of fuel mileage if you keep your foot out of it?

for the vp44 trucks, i would go with the edge drag comp fueling box.
Are you wanting an Auto or do you want to row your own gears?

Buy a CR... they come with fewer headaches and can make more power on fuel...you have to get a tranny either way you go.

for the vp44 trucks, i would go with the edge drag comp fueling box.
Are you wanting an Auto or do you want to row your own gears?

Depends on what I find at the right price

traitor...

Yes I know but I do tow and I like the way the cummins pulls not that powerstroke can't but. The 24V gets better mileage as well. Like that the dodge has coil springs on the front axle, can make tighter turns.
May not do it but I tossin up the idea.

As of lately anything with a P-pump is a good choice- but now the Common Rail technology is qwickly catching up....... and as it was said either way ya go trans upgrades make ya smile afterwards.....

Sorry guys new to the dodge lingo common rail?? buy this and put it on in place of or is this in one of the years

Common rails are 03 and up. common rail injection fuel flows throug a fuel rail then to injectors.

Thats what I thought but didn't know if you buy this for the 2nd gen or not

With the common rails are there any years better than other?

Yes the fuel system is better than a vp44 pump but i dont think its quite as good as the p - pump

yep....get an 04.5+ CR...they make TONS of power just on electronics alone!

I don't think you're a traitor, I think you're smart :) Good luck and have fun with whatever you choose! More Ford converts by the day!

What kind of tranny options for the common rails. Will need one to hold the power of just chip, intake, exhaust. Would want to beef it up without going over board. Auto or manual Don't know what I will end up with yet so lets hear bout both.

For a stick, South bend clutch,
For an auto DTT is a very popular, strong choice.

03 and up truck, Suncoast, DTT or other tranny, TST, intake and exhaust......you will never miss the powerstroke :evil

Don't want to have to get a whole tranny. I am only doing intake exhaust and chip. If in an auto what would you say to do to the tranny. What bout the manul? Just clutch?

Back