Ford guys help

willtravel

A buddy of mine needs a new turbo for his 97 7.3, auto. He is running a set of injectors out of a fedex truck?.. Its a mud truck 42" tires 538 gears lots of lift. So he wants the least lag posable. Any suggestions?

beans D66, if the injectors are what i think they are (i forget the name of them) then that should be a great turbo for him... does he have any tuning?

Get the Garrett GTP38RR ball bearing turbo....those spool almost instantly.

I would think injectors would be b-codes from a 466. How much power does he want to end up with?

the garret bb IS not a direct bolt on. he would have to get superduty pedistle and uppipes and a few other odds and ends. the d66 is the only direct bolt on for the old body stile trucks
I'm not real good with all the differant injectors but I doubt he is running b-codes unless he has a big oil setup

the garret bb IS not a direct bolt on. he would have to get superduty pedistle and uppipes and a few other odds and ends. the d66 is the only direct bolt on for the old body stile trucks
I'm not real good with all the differant injectors but I doubt he is running b-codes unless he has a big oil setup

i think they might be A-codes?

Hmm, Fed Ex truck injectors. . .Maybe AC's (160cc)? Those would probably work great for the D66 turbo. Hypermax makes an H2E kit for the OBS trucks. . .but those sticks will be a little on the small side for that turbo. I dont think they would be B codes cause the factory oil pump wouldn't be able to push them at all if he was running a tune.

What is he running for a tune?

What kind of mudding does he do? Mud racing? Just running around the back woods? I'm curious as to why the "lag" is an issue, or what would be perceived as turbo lag. Realistically, even AC's should work OK with the factory charger on the OBS, they have a pretty good sized exhaust housing. Is he running into issues with the EGT's, or is he just looking to make some more power out of the truck?

Ahh, fair enough you guys are prolly right about not being the B-codes. Possibly an AO code, freind of mine picked up an early PSD engine that was out of a large truck and it had AO's in it.

either way the D66 would be the perfect turbo for his truck, i think everyone here can agree that with 130-160cc injectors they'd put the D66 in their top 3

It's stock except for the injectors and a worn out turbo. He's looking for a little upgrade since he has to get a new turbo. Bolt up, easy on the wallet kinda set up. Thanks for the help..:thankyou2:

also tell him to get good tunes, it's pretty cheap and well worth it with any type of bigger injectors.. go with dptuners or tony wildman

Back