Found a first gen.

AKDuramax

Rice-Burner Burner
It's a 93 250 reg cab long bed 4x4 with the ctd, intercooled. Has 160K on it with the auto that was rebuilt 4 years ago. Runs good, there are NO oil leaks on it which supprised me, no fuel leaks and she fires on the first crank. Cracked the lines at the injectors with her idling and they're all working. No rust on the cab, frame looks like it was recently ground and undercoated. Bed has a few dings in it and a little rust where the paint is missing. They're asking $5900 for her. I'm gonna test drive it and offer $4800. My plans are a leveling kit, 33" mud terrains, and stacks. Never messed with a first gen, so what are the good ways to get power out of them? I know I can do injectors and I have an HX35 I can throw on it. Is there anything I can do with the injection pump? I've heard something about a fuel pin, but I've never messed with the VE pumps before. Any input is appreciated.

Kevin

You can crank the injection pumps up to 400 HP for free, provided you have the myriad supporting modifications.

The only modifications to the pumps anybody does that cost money are the $20 governor spring and, for the dyno queens with well over 400 HP, 14 mm pump heads that cost $300-500 and require a total rebuild.

Fuel cones are available from several companies for over $100, but the same results can be had with some courage and a Dremel on the stock pin. Or, for a play truck, even greater results can be had with a Dremel on the lever that rides against the pin that rides against the cone...