Found a new truck, help with value

waldershrek

Been looking to replace my 01 with 318K on her, she's getting tired. Was looking to go 03-06 but found this truck on Ebay but it's 40 miles from me:

01 Ram 2500

I called the guy, it's a 1 owner (supposedly) he got from Florida. Pretty much bone stock. He said it does have a FASS pump on it. Just spent $800 on a new OEM dash and he put an aftermarket JVC radio in it (stock one quit working I guess). Couple small dings in the bumpers but other than that no issues. No leaks/seepage he says.

My 01 was a good truck and this only has 112K on it so now I'm considering this one. My only issue is the price. He wants $17995 for it plus $1500ish in tax and DMV fees. The truck only books for $13250. I don't think it's worth any more than $15,000 really. I'm going to look at it tomorrow and talk to the guy in person. He seems like a reasonable guy on the phone but he also said he's kind of set on the price. What say you guys? Am I about right at $15K or is even that too high? Or am I just crazy and it's worth $18k?

its a 14 year old truck with an unknown history to you. the 2nd gen prices are severely inflated.

Yeah I would only pay a premium price for a 2nd gen if it had exactly all the options I wanted and the mileage was right. That truck there doesn't do it for me. 12K would probably be my top dollar too. And my premium price for a truck that old sure aint 18K either.

Last edited:
That's a 12-12.5 truck. That is all. This outrageous pricing, even going over what nice cr's can be bought for a second gen dodge is getting way way outta hand. It's dumb.

Link? Sounds like one of those places that buy these trucks and throw them on ebay and their lot for ridiculously high prices.

If everyones top dollar on that truck is 12k, then where the heck are all these second gens with 100k miles for 12k or less????

If everyones top dollar on that truck is 12k, then where the heck are all these second gens with 100k miles for 12k or less????

People have lost their minds and inflated the price to abnormal values. There are tracks at 300k around here at over 10k.

No phuckin way. People have lost their minds.

People have lost their minds and inflated the price to abnormal values. There are tracks at 300k around here at over 10k.

No phuckin way. People have lost their minds.

the Michigan and ohio rust buckets people want 12k for blow my mind. or a 12v with "twins" using radiator hose clamps for the boots.......

That doesn't look like the same truck to me....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same truck. It was re-listed, and now that listing is closed. So he must have got somebody to pay. No way to tell if he got asking price (doubt it).

Same truck. It was re-listed, and now that listing is closed. So he must have got somebody to pay. No way to tell if he got asking price (doubt it).

Haha when I clicked on that link yesterday it showed a green 5spd sport truck.

I wish I could say I've never gave that much for a 2nd gen truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the Michigan and ohio rust buckets people want 12k for blow my mind. or a 12v with "twins" using radiator hose clamps for the boots.......

Bahaha you must have seen that spray painted interior truck on the 12v page I commented on. Call him out on the worm gear clamp with a 90* boot for his secondary.

2nd gen prices are stupid high. Reason they are climbing is dumb kids get a loan on a $13k second gen, put $100 ebay headlights in it, $2000 in wheels and tires they finance at a buy here pay here tire store, some lime green paint on the valve covers and now suddenly it is a $16k truck since they can't afford to keep it.

There was a kid selling a single cab 12v with a junk trans in it for 9 grand!! 9 freakin grand! I bought my 3rd gen work truck for 5. Rust free, 4 door, runs perfect, built trans.

Bahaha you must have seen that spray painted interior truck on the 12v page I commented on. Call him out on the worm gear clamp with a 90* boot for his secondary.

sounds like the same one I saw on diesel online swap meet. truck was a pile of......