Four digit club

06Mud_Slut

It seems I am at the beginning of a long road to the 1000tq ranks. I see a lot of threads on 500hp, 600hp, etc but I'm just interested in reaching that coveted four digit number. I won't be rich after this deployment, but I have been known to spend whatever it took on current projects after past deployments. My last was a 640rwhp Cobra (traded for the Truck) that I dumped 12k into so maybe reaching my TQ goal won't be so hard with that budget but I'm really trying not to go crazy this time. I think I have an idea of where to start, but it's the little details that people with more experience in this side of the power-band could help me out with. :bow:

Egr delete, studs, sct with custom tunes, a set of 190/75s or 100s and a powermax will easily get you to your goals

I already planned on EGR, Studs, and Tune from ID. Also where can I find a good set of 190cc Inj and should I upgrade the fuel system to support it? And is TurboMax the brand of charger or can it be any stock upgrade GT3788?

I already planned on EGR, Studs, and Tune from ID. Also where can I find a good set of 190cc Inj and should I upgrade the fuel system to support it? And is TurboMax the brand of charger or can it be any stock upgrade GT3788?

Not TurboMax, PowerMax. It's a drop-in replacement from Garrett. You can get 'em from any sponsor on here that sells Powerstroke parts.

Right, sorry spelled it wrong but I was looking up the right part. Innovative's site sells it as an upgraded stock replacement turbo by Garrett

Also, doesn't anyone know if a fuel upgrade would be necessary for the above mentioned mods?

So I've been looking around, and found this:

6.0L Ford 65mm Powermax Kit

Would this be sufficient to reach my goal? I don't usually buy pre-made kits like this, so I might just get everything separate and 190's instead of the 155's. Also there are mixed opinions on who's tunes and from where are the best. Some people say TSD are way faster, others say Eric at ID, and others say Matt and Chris at ID are better... I read about the FICM tunes as well and figured that might be something I might want. Any thoughts on that?

Invest a huge chunk into the tranny, no point in having all that power if you cant put it to the ground.

Isn't the 5R110 good till 500+?
I'm not shore on how much power they can hold but when i was looking into getting a built tranny i gave transgo a call. From what he told me alot of 6.4 guys are taking out the 5r100 and putting a built 4r100 behind them. Must be a reason is all i can think of.

Invest a huge chunk into the tranny, no point in having all that power if you cant put it to the ground.

X2... You hear all the time about guys doing a full build on the engine and hoping the stock tranny lives... I always start from the "ground up" meaning axles, then trans, THEN engine. That way when you drop in your engine your ready to go have fun! Good luck!! Also, Thank you for your service to this country!

Last edited:
I'm not shore on how much power they can hold but when i was looking into getting a built tranny i gave transgo a call. From what he told me alot of 6.4 guys are taking out the 5r100 and putting a built 4r100 behind them. Must be a reason is all i can think of.

6.4 is a different animal. They use a different TCM to control the trans than we do, which has a harder time shifting for some reason, gets confused, and tries to put it in two gears at once.... Many people including Shawn Ellerton have been fine with a built 5r pushing well over 1000hp.

In a 6.0 I wouldn't even think about a 4r conversion unless you are in the 1000hp mark and are having issues keeping them together...

My choice was simple, 5.9 under the hood. Sorry,not starting a war just my method to your goal.

Last edited:
I went with Warren injectors. He has a great injector and his customer service is second to none. I'd look into a regulated return for your fuel system along with the airdog. .look into bts transmissions he has a great product and warranty.

Back