Fpr or cp3?

jonjohnson88

Command rail pressure to 23k with a tech 2 and it will only build 8800. Checked the balance rates and have two injectors that look close to the limit.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1345230065509.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1345230065509.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 0
could be the injectors leaking by. Any diesel in the oil? I have rarely seen a FRP fix a low pressure issue. Most of the time it is the pump, the injectors, or relief valve.

Doesn't have any fuel in the oil or anything. I figured the balance rates would be way outta wack for them to leak that much through them tho. This is my first duramax so I'm not really familiar with them yet

What was the idle fuel rate? If it was below 8MM3 of fuel then I would say injectors, but only way to know for sure is a fuel return rate test(AKA bottle test).

I'm not really sure about the idle fuel rate, I don't remember seeing it

In my experience it is usually the injectors leaking...you can check each bank of cylinders to see if you can narrow down the problem....you need to make and adaper out of an old return line then attatch it to the banjo bolt on the cylinder head

Do you have any codes? How does it drive? Idle is around 6k if you can only get 8k with 23k commanded would the truck even move?