front diff options

kennyblatz

when sled pulling only one front tire spins, is there a LSD or posi that will get both front tires spining while pulling but still be streetable. i drive in some nasty snow in the winter so i still gotta use 4wd there. could i use a air locker in the front?

A power lock from a rear d-60 (30 spline) will work GREAT in the front of your truck! It has to be 2000 and older though! They are a LOT cheaper that an ARB, you can pick up a used power lock off ebay for around 250-300$!

Would like to do something with the front end on my truck too.

The price for an ARB is almost as much as what i paid for the whole truck, so i definitely passed on that one!

I dont do any extreme wheeling with my dodge (i have another beater for that), but i would mind making it a bit more capable offroad just to play around with.

yeah im thinking run a posi maybe, aside from sled pulling it would be nice for taking off in winter here not that i need to launch harder while daily driving but hey its fun.

I just installed an air locker in a common rail last month. Very strong set-up, and when your not useing it where you need both front tires spinning, for say on the road in 6" inches of snow just lock in 4 wheel drive as normal and its back to an open carrier. But when you need it locked tight, it will hold up to all you can put it through