Front Differential

cummins2getu

That Guy
Has anyone ran a Detroit Truetrac in the front axle of their drag truck? I'm switching the 4.10's out of mine and since I need a new carrier I've been looking at different ones. I have a new Detroit Locker I was going to use when I was collecting parts to go truck pulling. I don't think I want to run it.

I don't have any experience with the Truetrac but I want to run them so I've been doing research on them and I would say it should hold up to just about anything. Lavon Miller has been running one. He said it works almost too hard, after a hard 4x4 pull on the street it'll make turning pretty difficult the next few miles.

We ran one in the truck for years with no issues. We had the Truetrac in the front and a locker in the rear.

Wht are the advantages of a set up like this.. I race alot, but being i can only run a 10.99 at best, didnt know if its for the big boys only... Throw some knowledge mu way boys...

I have one in my puller. I Changed out the clutches and floaters a couple years ago. That's all ive ever done to it. I think its 7-8 years old and has cut tires on it as well

I've talked to guys that had a locker in front and went back to an open diff. Another guy says it knocked down his 60'. Another guy likes a limited slip better than a locker. These guys are all low 10's.

^^^^^ this. I installed an arb in my front and noticed no better traction (don't think it was working) until this past Friday when I went to line up in the grooves and could not steer to save my life. Ended up just turning it off for the night. Another issue I had at first with the arb was it would push oil out of the breather until I made a catch can with baffles.

Wont a true track do the same thing essentially the same thing?

I had a friend with a locker on the drag strip and something broke in the front taking him across the lane and just missing the wall. I run an open stock diff in the front of my race truck.