Front seal replacement

I'll be doing mine soon. Ordered the kdp kit from Geno's complete with seal and detail instructions. Not a big deal actually.

just be patient takes alittle time do to getting something's out of the way but not bad at all and yes order the kdp kit and fix that to plus it has all the parts seal ect. anyway.

Why would you waste the money on a kit? It's easy enough to fab up a tab once you see what you're working with. When I tabbed my kit it cost me the price of the front seal. I used Permatex Ultra Grey for the "gasket" and I have had no leaks.

Why would you waste the money on a kit? It's easy enough to fab up a tab once you see what you're working with. When I tabbed my kit it cost me the price of the front seal. I used Permatex Ultra Grey for the "gasket" and I have had no leaks.

X2 on my first engine I bought the "kit" total waste of money. On my second engine I did just as ride42 said. Buy the front main seal and Permatex the rest. I think it took about 10 minutes to whip up a tab for the pin.

yeah when i had my front cover off i jus fabbed up a washer and put some loctite on the bolt and called it done its very very easy to grind the sides of the washer to make it fit..other than that the front seal is very easy to change

I made a KDP tab for mine and used grey permatex as well for the gasket. Front seal was pretty easy. Knock the old one out, drive the new one in, make sure its seated and even all the way around. And yes, my 01 did have a dowel pin that was working its way out.

I agree don't wast your money on a kit. I bought the seal and gasket and I also used red lock tight when I reinserted the bolt next to the kdp

Forgot to mention a couple things.....The motor is on a pallet so not much has to be pulled off or move out of the way. The KDP never fell & was tabbed by the last owner & he re-installed the timing case cover with Ford grey permatex.

So all I need is a front seal & skip the whole kit?

Just make sure both sealing surfaces are good and clean. The seals are kind of a pain sometimes but easy enough once you figure it out.