Frozen Truck

BLACK OUT

This is my problem my truck has been sitting since Wednesday night outside unplugged and now I can't get it to start. :badidea: I think the diesel might be frozen cause my dogs 5 gallon bucket of water was froze solid this morning. Will just leaving it plugged and letting it warm up this afternoon fix it? :banghead:

40*?? I'm thinking you have other issues... I started my truck this morning at 27* with no problem at all and I don't even have my grid heater hooked up.. And it wasn't plugged in either.

Yea you have another issue for sure were you having any problems before this? Did you try to jump it? Fill out your signituren so we know what truck you have it might help us identify your problem....

It's just cranking and wont fire or what?
Any biodiesel or anything other than diesel in the tank?
Have you tried round housing the side of the truck??

At that temp summer fuel could start to gel but it should still start. Seems like it got colder than 40 if the dog bowl froze.

It went down to 23F on Wednesday night in Ogden. You may want to pull your fuel filter and check for ice or gelling. Plugging it in will help.

Is it turning over quickly?

Feel free to PM me and if I'm close by I will see if I can lend a hand.

I finnally got it to start. I drained some fuel off from the fuel filter and it had some crystal looking things in it. So I sat it out in the sun to warm up and sprayed some ether in it and it started up with alot of white smoke and has started and ran fine since. Is it bad to use ether to start them? I've heard some trucks get addicted to it?

alot of 'em have intake heaters or glow plugs and ether will screw 'em up or could cause a fire. Plus ether has no lubricity and if you use too much of it it could make it over-rev on start-up when it doesn't have oil pressure. there's many reasons

I had it plugged in for an hour and then cranked the motor over so my guage was reading that I had oil pressure and then had a friend spray a little in my turbo and it started right up. I've heard of people spraying them on hot grid heaters and how much fun that is. But I've noticed at truck pulls alot of the bigger trucks use them to warm up so figured it couldn't be to bad

ya, we use it to start dozers and scrapers everyday I'm just not a big fan of it. Sometimes you have no choice!! Good job gettin' the oil pressure up....... alot of guys wouldn't have thought of that

what's it like in northern Utah tonite? I've hauled some cattle outta there and it was freakin' cold out there!!

(sorry to derail, but glad you got the truck goin')

It's 34* right now and clear skyed so it's gonna get pretty cold tonight. Where'd you haul cattle outta?

up around Logan somewhere. It was -10 without the windchill up there last winter when I was up there