Fuel Canaster Issues

24vavle

" Burnin Coal "
Wondering why I keep blowing my lid off my fuel filter canister.

What style do you have? Do you have the style with the aluminum canister that the plastic top threads into the canister?

I can't believe you keep blowing it off, I mean your only running at most 20 psi of fuel pressure. Mine is always a pain in the a$$ to get off, I really have to wrench on it. Maybe the threads are stripped off the top?

Yeah aluminum canister plastic lid brand new drove it last weekend to sell it gave it a run around the block heard a boom and the cap had blown off

Wow! Some how there is excessive pressure getting to the canister. But I would think it would blow the clamps off the rubber lines before the lid.

What do you have for a transfer pump? Do you have a fuel pressure gauge, if so what is the pressure like.

Raptor 150 and theres a pressure guage on my module I called Industrial Injection years back and they recommended no mor ethen 19 psi and thats what I've ran ever since

that's a new one on me, maybe a casting flaw in the plastic lid? Did you look at the threads closely?

Regardless of what it is it sounds like you could eliminate the problem with a filter base, spin on filter, and half inch lines from there to the injection pump.

why do all that to a rig he's trying to sell? The factory housing should hold that pressure no problem.

why do all that to a rig he's trying to sell? The factory housing should hold that pressure no problem.

Because something is not right so he will have to buy new crap anyways. Why not eliminate the potential for the same problem?

$60 now and eliminate the issue seemed like a stress free solution.

I have 1/2" lines already from the glacier big line kit so what filter could I get to eliminate the problem so I don't have to put money into a truck I'm selling ?

There is a vent on top of the canister. Apparently it is plugged up. The tank should not be able to pressurize. It is probably filled with mud. It is nothing more than a plastic 90 degree tube with nothing on it most of the time.

Jory, I think maybe you're confused. Hes talking about the fuel filter canister under the hood right?

Jory, I think maybe you're confused. Hes talking about the fuel filter canister under the hood right?

I guess I read it wrong. Ya, probably is. I guess all the smart tech support people are actually enjoying each other's company in KY today. LOL

I guess I read it wrong. Ya, probably is. I guess all the smart tech support people are actually enjoying each other's company in KY today. LOL

You might want to reword that last part, it looks a little.....strange

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2