Fuel filter?

cerickson

fullpull108
I have a Fass 150 pump on the wife's truck. I am wanting to change the filters on it. Looked in the search engine with no real avail. Wanting to know which is the best filter out there to put on it. Now it's got the fws-3003 fuel filter, with a Baldwin water separator. Not sure on the number on the separator. Just wanting to get some of your guys knowledge on what would be the best filter to get? Went to O'reilly's and all they got is wix. I know Donaldson makes a great filter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What's wrong with WIX? I run them on all of my trucks and farm tractors.

Not saying anything was wrong with them. Just wanting to see pros and cons of all the filters.

If you cut open a wix filter and compare it to a fleetguard, Donaldson, or a Baldwin you will see a difference, wix, napa, fram etc, don't seem to be built as good. That being said I have never seen a motor fail because any filter wasn't doing it job.

Local parts store can get me fleetguard. They don't have the water drain on the bottom of the filter does that matter if you have the water separator? I know stupid question

Does anyone have a part number for the fleetguard water separator? It will be cross referenced with fs-2001. What's the best micron to go with on the water separator?

AH64ID is the filter god. He recommended the Baldwin PF7977 for the stock canister, and the Donaldson P551313 for an additional 2micron setup. I'm also getting ready to run a Baldwin BF1212 inline before my fuel boss pump.

My final setup will be a Fleetguard fuel strainer, into a 20 micron Baldwin BF1212, into my lift pump, into a 7 micron Baldwin PF7977, into a Donaldson P551313, into my cp3. Might me a little overkill, but I don't want anymore injector issues.

AH64ID is the filter god. He recommended the Baldwin PF7977 for the stock canister, and the Donaldson P551313 for an additional 2micron setup. I'm also getting ready to run a Baldwin BF1212 inline before my fuel boss pump.

My final setup will be a Fleetguard fuel strainer, into a 20 micron Baldwin BF1212, into my lift pump, into a 7 micron Baldwin PF7977, into a Donaldson P551313, into my cp3. Might me a little overkill, but I don't want anymore injector issues.

Judist Priest..hope you run a better than stock lift pump and a fuel pressure gauge as close to your cp3 as possible.

Judist Priest..hope you run a better than stock lift pump and a fuel pressure gauge as close to your cp3 as possible.

haha, I have the fuel gauge covered and I also have a GDP Fuel Boss. Fuel pressure looks great:Cheer:

You want fleet guard
FF5320 - 2 micron
FF19594 - 20 micron water seperator

Or

Wix
33528 - 2 micron
33616 - 20 micron water

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help guys. Will be going out when the snow stops and get them ordered. What a great bunch of guys, that are always there to lend a hand to the less diesel savy guys. Thanks again.

I run Donaldson or cat 3 micron absolute iirc. The cat is long and it hangs low so I usually buy the Donaldson.

You want fleet guard
FF5320 - 2 micron
FF19594 - 20 micron water seperator

Or

Wix
33528 - 2 micron
33616 - 20 micron water

I tried looking up FF19594 and couldn't find much. Google listed a bunch of Chinese sites actually. I've been using the FS1001 on my truck: http://www.genosgarage.com/FLEETGUARD-FS1001-FUEL-WATER-SEPARATOR-FASS-150-SYSTEM/productinfo/FS1001/#.Usr4x7TiO1s

I've been using it along with a FF1003 (3 micron), but I'll be using that FF5320 in the future, so thanks.

The wix filters is all I can get locally. Bought them today. The wix filter 33616 filter is to small. The hole diameter is to small for what is on the pump. The filter that I took off is a Baldwin bf1212 if this helps.

Back