Fuel Filter

just finished up the fittings for my draw tube & return, feed is a 12an, return is a 8an.

scot

Attachments

• DSC00534.JPG
    DSC00534.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC00533.JPG
    DSC00533.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 16
oil-burner said:
nope, made them myself.

scot

Wouldn't happen to have some drawings you would care to share with your diesel brethren would you??? I have access to a very well equipped machine shop full of equipment I need to learn how to use :D

hey i think i might have a few primary an secondary filter houseings in my shop somewhere we use to run them aot on the 60series an a batch of our isx engines in our newer volvos ill look an see for ya give me a few days an remind me lol

BD-power has a nice filter set up that I use when I do Fass installs. Comes with the mount and some hose. The filter on their web site says it is for the D Max but I use it on all diesels.

Malcolm

What equals a 1/2" fuel line in terms of AN? -8?

Also which hose end do yall prefer? Which is less prone to leak? I would think the 2nd one. I'm going to order some stainless braided line and a few fittings here pretty soon. :aiwebs_015:

aer-fbm4032_w_m.jpg

Or

aer-fbm1532_w_m.jpg

Edit and the fitting on the VP44 is 3/8" correct?

Smokem said:
-8AN is equal to 1/2", don't wast your time and money on stainless hose. Go with the second set of fittings, they are designed for Push Lock hose. The fitting on the VP44 and fuel filter housing is 12mm x 1.50 pitch.

Who carries the push lock hose? Also as for the VP44 fitting I need something that will convert the 12mm to AN because of the swivel end on the 90* fitting that I will be using on the VP44. Also I'm ditching the stock fuel filter and going with the dual fleetguard setup.

A fitting ike this -8 AN to 3/8".
aer-fbm2005_m.jpg

Smokem said:
Summit Racing carries both Aeroquip Push Lock hose and Earl's metric to AN fittings. The hose PN# is AER-FCN0815 and the fittings PN# is EAR-9919EFGERL.

Bingo! Thanks Smokem!

My summit mag doesn't have the metric to AN fittings.:doh: But I did find the hose and other 90* fitting. I just went up the road a truck parts store and they want 45 bucks for just a fuel filter and a single style filter head. :poke: Also I asked him what size the threads where and "guessed" they were 1/8 pipe thread. :poke:

OK guys, I got a spin on fuel/water seperator and a spin on fuel fitler, some aeroquip socketless hose some fittings and a carter 4601hp(that I may be taking back for something else). My questions are should I mount my fuel pump before of after the fitlers? Also does the f/w seperator need to be mounted before or after the fuel filter?

Thanks!

Back