fuel filters

cummins cowboy

Which fuel filters are you guys running in your 6.7s? Have concerns with the current filter that I have been running on my truck since it was new and now at 53,000 miles.

I have been looking at buying that filter and adding Glacier Diesels 2 micron kit between the factory filter and the cp3. Been running the WIX filters and after reading the specs that say it has a 12 micron rating and the fuel noises I have been hearing lately I'm wondering now if the damage has already been done to my injectors......

That is a good idea to add the Glacier fuel filter kit by the air horn. I have installed one of those on my father's 6.7 truck.

Get on FiltersPro.com and you can get a Donaldson P551313 3micron filter and Donaldson P562262(-10ORB) filter head for under $30. Then fitting for $20 at Vulcan Performance.

Thank you I will look into that. Has anyone had or heard of ill effects from running the Wix filter?

Thanks! I will check those out also. It seems there is a lack of information regarding filtration and filtration experiences on these trucks. Do most people just throw whatever filter is handy into the factory canister and just replace the injectors when they crap out rather than try to prolong fuel system life?

What size is the quick connect fitting needed for the outlet side of the factory filter housing?