Fuel in oil

Diesel Injection service in Louisville. Never had a quality issue with them with anything I've gotten from them.

Fuel return is in the stock location on the fuel pump housing.

Ok revisit this.....had the cp3 and injectors tested. Neither are under warranty, and everything came back good. Being that they are not under warranty, I have to assume they truely are ok.

They are telling me that the issue is likely the connector tubes. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around how a leaking fuel tube could get fuel into the oil. The truck starts right up, no rough idle.

I don't want to keep running the engine looking for the issue and end up killing the bearings. Any ideas???

At times its next to impossible to simulate the behavior of the Host,Many times I have tested CP3 seals on the bench and No leaks after the customer OK to freshen it up I found the leak after visual inspection...Connector Tubes will NOT make OIL.........

At times its next to impossible to simulate the behavior of the Host,Many times I have tested CP3 seals on the bench and No leaks after the customer OK to freshen it up I found the leak after visual inspection...Connector Tubes will NOT make OIL.........

What about injectors? Would a cracked/leaking body show up most of the time? I just finished putting the truck back together this morning, but haven't "fixed" anything yet that I know of.

I know the connector tubes cannot directly get fuel in the oil.

Did you check the oil for signs of dye?

Never saw any. However I did not drive the truck with dye, only ran it in the driveway with the valve cover off. So I'm assuming it is not leaking at idle

That's what I wanted to know, if it has to be hot, loaded, duration of run time.
Sounds like a pretty slow rate, which is diffucult

Remove Valve cover ,With truck running (Be careful) unplug FCA, Check the entire valve train area around injectors for fuel leaks, Sometimes the Injector(s) solenoid O-rings will leak, if its a cracked body you should be able to see the spraying fuel, hopefully your system can support MAX rail pressure 26K. Or you can check the back leakage rates as Eric suggested....

Thanks, I will do that. I would think that something like that would have showed up at the injection shop during testing. The returns a free flowing (free enough I can blow through to the tank by mouth. If I can't find anything there, would the logical next step to be going ahead and just having the pump resealed?

You will need to call Me on that, You are right about the testing, did the shop give you the return rate for each injector?

No, no return rates. The shop that tested them seem to be pretty much by the book, I.e if it's out of any spec they are bad. I will call and see if they have the info tomorrow.

Unplugged the FCA and did not see any fuel leakage. Dropped the pump off and told them to put seals in it.....they looked at me like I was retarded!

Looks like (knock on wood) that the issue may be solved.

The injection shop found the CP3 had an "old style" seal in a new style pump flange.....supposedly came this way to them from Bosch. Said it was missing a snap ring as well. Either way, it was warranty, and 150 miles now with no sign of the oil level rising!

Looks like (knock on wood) that the issue may be solved.

The injection shop found the CP3 had an "old style" seal in a new style pump flange.....supposedly came this way to them from Bosch. Said it was missing a snap ring as well. Either way, it was warranty, and 150 miles now with no sign of the oil level rising!

Hmmmmmm, good luck the shop has NO idea what there doing, BC Bosch made many CP3 without snap ring, I'm sure what they did was the wrong fix. You will need to watch it....