fuel in the oil

Possibly, an injector solenoid leaking. Fuel will spray into the head, beneath the valve cover.

yea but if it leaks there it should run out the return line out the back of the head and it wouldnt get in the oil

How can you tell if fuel is getting in the oil? I am heavily over fueled (loads of white smoke at idle). I am running custom mach 6 injectors with a p-pumped 02 24v. I think I need to go to smaller injectors for daily driving.

pull an oil sample! Got a fuel in the oil stop driving and figure out the problem!

Also what size sticks? also how did you figure this out? With huge sticks you should change the oil more freaquently. It's also not entirely out of the question to get more fuel in the oil then normal. With Don's Sticks my oil samples usually come back with less then 2 percent fuel in the oil which is extremly good.

If you have a dead cylinder, that could be your culprit. If the injector kept supplying the regular amount of fuel, it could be leaking past your rings.

-Rob

get one of those infared thermometers and let the truck warm up on its own. Shoot each cylinder on the exhaust manifold. If there is an obviouse heat difference in cyl temp that is the cyl that has the fuel leaking prob.

There is a lot of fuel in the oil. There is so much fuel getting in the oil that it overflows out the breather on top of the valve cover. When i drain the oil it overflowed a five gallon bucket. Which means there is over two gallon of fuel in the oil

sounds like u have a cracked injector, pull ur valve cover off and un plug the plug on the bac of the cp3. then start the truck, that will tell u if u have a cracked injector. un plugging the plug makes the pump pump full fuel pressure at idle.

i didn't feel like reading so i'll just say.
last time i had fuel in oil in my last 06 i had to put in a complete long block.
rings were shot, pistons melted, blah blah.

just drop a new long block in it and you're good to go. ;)

When i first noticed the fuel in the oil i got the injectors tested...they were good and i put a new cp3 on it because i thought the front seal may have been bad and its still doin it