Fuel lab help

So I need a dash 10 an fitting to go to the inlet side of the pump, dash 6 an fitting that replaced the overflow valve that feeds the reg, then t the regulator return line into the main return line then back to the tank.
That's it, and splice in your injector return in the same line if 24valves even use one.

Got it. Will post pics when complete. Jegs is sending out the goodies on Monday and I overnighted them so I will start on it Tuesday

Next question is what do I need to set the pressure at on the return side

What ever pressure you want to run, anything over 30 will be fine as long as it keeps up. Just check pressure at the inlet of the ppump and adjust the reg on the outlet side to what you want. Those fitings are hard to find, northeast diesel had them in stock and they are threaded for npt so any AN fitting can be used or just a hose barb and push lock line (that's what I used).

Found some -8 to 14mm X 1.5 thread on summit. Got those coming. So I need to check pressure at the inlet side of the pump? I got a gauge to go Into the regulator on the return side and though I needed to check pressure there

Thanks for the help Jason. Haven't been into the performance fuel plumbing yet on diesels

Yes check the pressure on the inlet side that's all that matters, bypassing more with the reg will Lower pressure.

Well got it all plumbed up and it works GREAT. The 41402 pump makes 20 psi with the regulator wide open and the pump on reduced speed. Set the pressure on the regulator at 45 psi on the return side and checked pressure on the inlet and it holds SOLID at 45 psi no matter what. Much quieter than my air dog setup

Well got it all plumbed up and it works GREAT. The 41402 pump makes 20 psi with the regulator wide open and the pump on reduced speed. Set the pressure on the regulator at 45 psi on the return side and checked pressure on the inlet and it holds SOLID at 45 psi no matter what. Much quieter than my air dog setup

I've beat on a 42401 at 70-100psi on low speed for over 2 years now and still runs perfectly even a few times with slightly gelled fuel going through it. Over time if you notice the pump running louder and/or not holding pressure like before then your filter before the pump is most likely clogged up.

I've beat on a 42401 at 70-100psi on low speed for over 2 years now and still runs perfectly even a few times with slightly gelled fuel going through it. Over time if you notice the pump running louder and/or not holding pressure like before then your filter before the pump is most likely clogged up.

actually believe it or not i didnt put a filter before the pump, i put one after the pump before the injection pump. i wanted to the fuel pump to push through a filter rather than suck through one. i could be completly wrong on that but thats the way i plumbed it lol