Fuel Leak

For the fuel leak, I would check the fitting that FASS supplies for the CP3 pump to bypass the stock fuel filter. There is an o-ring under that fitting where it screws into the CP3 pump. I thought my pump was bad, turned out to be an o-ring. Cheap and easy fix.

All the fittings are tight. The leak is no longer there. I have bigger problems with the dam fass pump now. I think it's fried. Just keeps popping fuses. I regrounded it, still no go. It make an terrible noise when the fuse is in there, then it pops the fuse. Talked to shop and am taking it in today. Hope they got a pump on the shelf to replace it.

Got to thinking bout what I said in post #19. If the pump was running more psi could it of been over fueling? I don't have a fuel pressure gauge on the truck yet. (I know guy's I need gauge, money's tight and I am saving for edge cts to run with the efi) Read somewhere that the pump may of over fueled the cp3 and that may have led to the leak. Does this sound plausible?

If its blowing fuses you need to be looking at the power side going to ground somewhere (wire short, pinched wire) not a back ground connection..

Got it figured out. Pump burnt up. Should have it back from fass by Thursday. This is my first fass pump to get rebuilt. Do they usually rebuild it or should the shop have replaced it with a new one?

Back