fuel leval guage

cmpunch

ok i have a 01 and the fuel gauge is acting up i runs out around 1/4 tank on the gauge . is there a fix or am i going to have to replace the float or some thing to fix this issue . any advice will help thanks guys

About the only fix I know of is to replace the sending unit in the tank :(

Or you can do like me and just go by mileage. My fuel gauge is broke, has been for a year, but I know how many miles I can go off a full tank and just go by that.

yeah that kinda what im doing know . found out the hard way how far it will go when it went out

That's never good LOL

The good news is that dropping the tank is fairly easy on these trucks, if you drop the spare tire you can get to all the connections before you have the tank balanced on a jack.

found out the hard way how far it will go when it went out

Been there myself, LOL. I can tell you it was just over 600 miles from Greenville, Texas to just north of Nashville, TN. Thats when I ran out. Im getting ready to replace sender but also going to do Vulkins draw straw kit at the same time.

Brian, definatly square away your fuel pickup inside the tank while you have it apart to do the sending unit. That 1/4" line just does'nt cut it after a while.

Back