Fuel Lines?

turboman1

What type of aftermarket fuel lines do you guys use on street trucks:braided, rubber, etc...?

Thanks
Adam M.

I use parker as well.

What ever you use make sure it is rated for diesel fuel.

Do you guys put fittings on them or just use compression clamps to hold them together

Thanks

I have been running the aeroquip pushlock hose for 4 years no problems.

I use a mix of all of the above but I add the "Protec" sheathings to most everything now. Keeps them from chaffing, and in the event of a rupture you'd be surprised how it can contain the fluid spray.

152166_030420086880_ExhibitPic.jpg

I'm running 12 feet of 1/2" stainless-braided stainless (the moderately flexible, ribbed stainless, exhaust-hose-esque stuff), 6 feet of 1/2" stainless-braided Teflon, and another 12 feet of 3/8" FLEXTRAL hydraulic tubing.

The 1/2" stainless stuff was all laying in the garage along with another 15 foot of the stainless-on-stainless that I used for a transmission line... The FLEXTRAL stuff is bulletproof to 3000 PSI and was dirt cheap. And I'm almost sure that it's all rated for Diesel fuel too.

i stay away from pushlock hose, dry rots and leaks. i use Redhorse Performance Black -AN fittings and Earls Prolite Hose, the hose is lighter than stainless braided hose and is easier to put -AN fittings on.

Back