fuel plate

They also say that a 12v WILL catastrophically destruct at 4200 rpm. Internet myths.

I only ask because when I pulled mine after a few miles and a heavy foot the throttle stuck at about 1500. Put the plate back in and could not replicate the sticking. I did hear that AFC housing not placed properly could cause this and did it again and made sure it was aligned. Stuck on startup full throttle so I loosened the housing, ran the throttle again by hand, and re-tightened. So far it has not happened again.

I agree with everyone else. A plate not being in the pump won't make your rack stick. I've never even seen a rack hang besides on a pump that had the barrels and plungers rotated on the truck. And I've "heard" the foot can actually dive under the plate if the governor foot isn't adjusted correctly. Which i could believe but that's about the only reason.

It is possible to stick a rack, but not if you tune the afc as it should be without a plate.

Moral of the story, it you understand how the rack interacts with the plungers on a p7100, you should be able to figure out what you need to do to get an afc to work with the fuel and air you have. If you do not understand how a system works, there is a good chance you are not going to be successful in modifying it for your benefit.

i dont suppose anyone is actually going to explain what detail of AFC operation to be aware of in order to prevent a hung rack. 'do it right' isnt terribly helpful to the unenlightened.

There is nothing that can be done to the afc to cause a rack to stick, by modifying it you are increasing the travel of the foot by cutting the barrel, changing out to a spring that doesn't coil bind and allows the travel needed and opens fully at the correct amount of air pressure. There's more little things that are done but this is the basics.