Fuel Pressure Gauge Question

StrokerAce

Smooth Is Fast
I just installed an electronic fuel pressure gauge (the one that uses a transducer) on my 6.0L. The transducer is in my FASS 150/180-2014 if that matters. When I turn the truck on, the pressure goes up to 40-41 psi. When I turn the truck off, the gauge stays at 40-41 psi. When I start the truck back up, the gauge drops back to 0 and then back up to 40-41 psi. Does anyone know if this is normal or do I have a problem with my gauge?

yup completely normal. its electric so when you turn off the truck it stays there until it gets a signal again when you turn it back on.

BillM,

Thnk you, you made my day. I was afraid that i was going to have to tear it back down and troubleshoot it. Thanks again, I appreciate it.

Why so low on the pressure. Ford calls for 45 minimum on the 6.0. I run mine at 58. I think you need to get a different spring in that FASS and up your pressure or you could have an injector issue in your future.

Yea, I don't know why it's so low. I e-mailed Dan at FASS and he says I should already have a 60# spring in there but he was going to double check. Unless the transducer in the FASS gauge port isn't reading right.

There is probably no way to check and see if the gauge is functioning properly is there.

So let me ask you this, should I take the regulator and regulator spring out of the fuel bowl on the engine since the FASS is self regulated? Oh, and thanks for the help.